Hi people i need some good opinion prior purchase
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hi people i need some good opinion prior purchase

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wink Hi people i need some good opinion prior purchase

Hi guys,
    As per title i really need some opinion or advise from you guys, i am new in this forum as well.

Well long story short i am in love with this watch, Itay noy skeleton 6497,
    Itay Noy

price range is about S$4800 after tax reduction, however i still can't make up my mind yet, do you guys think that this watch is over priced?

I mean obviously this watch is lovely but does it worth for the price tag? or i should get something better in terms of the good value?
    If yes would you guys mind to recommend me something?

Basically iam a watch idiot who trying to learn as much as i can now, its my new hobby.
    my price range is about anywhere from S$4000 - 5000.
    sincerely yours.
    Last edited by Gusti; May 7th, 2014 at 18:03.

Re: Hi people i need some good opinion prior purchase

anyone? please?

"Worth it" is up to the guy spending the money. ALL watches depreciate - so if you mean;
    1) "Can I get my money out of it?" No
    2) "Is this a well respected, status type watch?" No
    3) "Will I get 4000 worth of joy and happiness out of this purchase?" Maybe

The movement, though highly decorated, is a varient of a common brand. Good quality to be sure - but not 'stellar quality'
    The brand is somewhat of a 'fashion brand' - not meant derogatorily, but their designs tend toward the fashion end of the spectrum rather than the high quality watchmaker end. You are paying for that design - not the watchmaking. How much is that worth? Depends - to a guy with tons of disposable income or someone who values design over most other things then it makes sense. To a guy struggling to make his mortgage every month or the fellow into the finer details contained in movements or technical expertise I don't think so.
    To me -AND THIS IS MY OPINION, BASED ON MY FEELINGS - the watch is overpriced. About half that would be fair. And I don't think it's lovely either. But I realize that there are people out there who will see that watch (and any other!) and will not be able to rest until they have one.

In short, with that particular brand you are buying "Art", not watchmaking. And that's OK, it's just that the people here are are generally very polite and hesitant to call a watch 'overpriced' unless it's a blatant example of greed. Itay Noy watches are not that, but I personally feel that there are many better watches for 5k. But how many better looking pieces of wrist art for 5k? Well, that is in the eye of the beholder.

PS Patience is a virtue, and one hour isn't very patient - again IMHO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Gusti,

IMO the watch looks good but as an investment you will lose a lot of money. Those are not really sought for.
    Just take a look at chrono24.com and you wont see not even one.

You have a nice budget in your hands do you have any other contenders in your list? Which kind of watches are you collecting?
    It is an important question so you wont regret purchases later and flip your watches too often.

My Blog http://www.horologiaprima.com
    One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art! (O.Wilde)

Interesting, but as skeletons go, it doesn't do it for me. "Overpriced", too subjective, keep looking there's no
    shortage out there.

"Investment", a word that should be banned here.
    Quote Originally Posted by yourdudeness080 View Post
    Hi Gusti,

IMO the watch looks good but as an investment you will lose a lot of money. Those are not really sought for.
    Just take a look at chrono24.com and you wont see not even one.

You have a nice budget in your hands do you have any other contenders in your list? Which kind of watches are you collecting?
    It is an important question so you wont regret purchases later and flip your watches too often.
    Perseus likes this.

No...not worth it.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

I think Itay Noy is an interesting watch maker.

However, before you dish out that much money, I recommend you spend some time here on the forum to get an overview of what is available and then make a more informed decision. If you are intrigued by the skeleton style, you should be able to find according watches in at a much lower price point.
    Nokie likes this.

However, before you dish out that much money, I recommend you spend some time here on the forum to get an overview of what is available and then make a more informed decision. If you are intrigued by the skeleton style, you should be able to find according watches in at a much lower price point.
    Good advice.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I don't know if it's overpriced. It's unique and there is a lot of work to create it. Outside of a few historic watches trading at record auction prices, watches are a poor or worthless investment. In terms of reselling for near break even or at a profit. If, by investment, you mean is it worthy of your money and emotional investment? Only you can answer.

Itay Noy is a quality watchmaker, but obscure. With that comes a lack of a resale market if that's important to you. In that market, "No one" knows what a good price might be, because "no one" is familiar with the brand.

If you are looking for a watch to bond with and keep, desire something few other people have, or are smitten with it's Israeli origins, then "go-for-it". If you love it and can afford it, then by all means buy it and cherish it. As for the fairness in pricing, it's unique and that weighs in and makes comparison hopping a problem. For $4800, there are countless options with better resale potential, a service network, and familiarity. If you're looking for a watch that doesn't need explaining to non watch types, consider something else.

My $4800 bell rings differently than yours, so it would not be something I'd be attracted to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information