Hiring a watch
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Hiring a watch

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question Hiring a watch

I wanted to ask if such a service even exists, I'm interested in hiring a watch in London, but does anyone do this anywhere in the world? I tried a forum search, and also google, but there wasn't anything too interesting I found. Only a company that hires out vintage watches for films etc, but it all didn't look too reputable.

Has anyone had any experience with hiring watches? (along the lines of companies that hire out handbags for a monthly fee of 10% of the value)

Thanks!

Wow.....that's a new one. Would love to read the answers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This should be a business the watch makers or AD'a are in, renting out excess inventory. I can't imagine such a low volume business would make the low margins worth it.

I've thought about a business like this in the past but the startup overhead (buying the watches) would put enormous pressure to generate a return which in my mind is unrealistic.

As a distressed company level private equity investor I would not be interested in backing something like this.
    Current Collection:

IWC Pilot Saint Exupery edition power reserve

Maurice Lacroix Pontos Chrono with Aligator Strap (who says you can't wear a Chrono with a Tux?)

Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 17 with stainless bracelet (The Desk Diver)

Casio G Shock AWG101-1A (The Beater/ Lazy Sunday watch)

U-Boat Classico ref.5565

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Hiring a watch

I've never heard about a service like that, but I can't see any reason why this wouldn't work. I just read an article about the fact that hiring things is becoming more and more common here in Finland: hiring art and design clothes/shoes seems to be especially popular. If it's ok to hire clothes, it should be ok to hire watches.

:-D i would definitely be swapping out gen parts

People have discussed starting services like these here in the past, and there seems to be too many issues to resolve to make the business model work. Insurance costs would be high, as the renter could drop or badly scratch the watch in seconds. High end watches are completely different than cars or power tools. Also different from traditional jewelry as they have the delicate mechanical component.

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Well that's enlightening, I'm much obliged for your answers. Here I was hoping I could add a touch to my ensemble that might make a few meetings in the coming months go better. That's before I buy my first proper watch (which in the case of it being a Stowa would mean I'd still have to wait a few months)

You can borrow mine for just £1000 per day ;)
    tsar likes this.

tbh I dont think a watch has ever won a pitch or got the lady.

Everything one hires requires a deposit.....What would the deposit be on a high end watch? AND if you could afford the deposit you can afford the watch.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information