I'm a watch head, I don't have many but I definitely do enjoy a nice watch. Though who I'm with, she cant stand the sound of a ticking second hand...! Thankfully that is the only thing I'm grumpy about, but I need a new watch, been to long since I've worn one.
Here is what I need:
- Durable, more so the glass
- Alarm (be nice more than one depending on day)
- 100m, I get stuck in rain, or forget in showers, or occasional jump in a pool...
- Small, not any of these huge wrist contraptions, I'm not one with a huge wrist, most wont even fit... For an easy reference, a swatch chronograph is about perfect size, a bit bigger is ok If memory serves right it was 41-43mm diameter
Here is what would be nice to have:
- Analog, or Analog/Digital (I can live with all digital but only if it looks good)
- no ticking second hand (large sweep hand of a chronograph is fine, but the smaller ticker is taboo)
- Designy, Sharp, etc. Rather not have a "tool" looking device like a Pathfinder, but I do love military watches.
- Low height
My budget is flexible, short term (if were order today) is sub $400, if I wait a month it grows to 500-1200$ but the higher would have to be really justifiable (the perfect watch, more durable).
I've looked at many, G-Shocks, Pathfinders, Suunto (I love x-lander but I think its way to large). My personal favorite is the Seiko Sportua Alarm Chrono, or some of MTM's (but they run big).
I'd serious like any help, I've been stuck for way to long...