Hodinkee strap order problem
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hodinkee strap order problem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hodinkee strap order problem

Hey people, infrequent poster, long-time lurker here. Just want to preface this by saying in NO WAY am I trying to give Hodinkee bad press.
    Just wanted to ask a couple questions is all.
    Here's the situation:

I purchased a Hodinkee 20mm black leather strap 3 days ago from their online e-boutique. Order was smooth, and I completed payment via PayPal. No problems. I receive an order confirmation (with confirmation number). All good. Now, after 3 days, my PayPal payment transaction still says "Pending (authorization)". Not sure it could be from my end, as I've made MANY payments/transactions through my PayPal without issue. I emailed Hodinkee 3 times over the past couple days, but still awaiting a response. There isn't a contact phone number I can call as far as I can tell from the website.

Now it seems Paypal has my $170 on hold, pending payment acceptance on the seller's end...and no updates on my order.

Am I missing something here...please advise. Much appreciated.
    State of the Collection:

Ole Mathiesen OM1.35.M | Seagull M199S Moonphase | Omega Speedmaster Professional 3750.50 | Seiko SBDX001 Marinemaster | Seiko 6309-7040 | Seiko SCVS013 | Stowa Antea KS | Stowa 1938 Chronograph | Seagull M201S | Seiko SBCM023 | Bulova Super Seville | Steinhart Ocean 1 Black (39mm) | Oris Artelier Moonphase | Smiths PRS-68 | Casio G-Shock GW-5000-1JF | Seiko SBBN015 | Seiko SKX007K2 | Seiko SRP043K1 | Caravelle 666ft Diver

Daily Phone: iPhone 5 (White) | Daily Driver: 2001 Toyota Prius | Daily Writer: Lamy 2000 Ballpoint | Daily Wallet: Coach Pebbled Bifold Brown

Inactive

Re: Hodinkee strap order problem

Did you pay by e-check without a proper backup source? If you do have a backup source verify the credit card isn't expired. If paying by e-check with no backup source it can take over a week for payment to process.

Ok if your credit card is not expired I would guess that Paypal has processed your payment but seller has not claimed his funds. I've had that happen before with small shops. They may be on holiday, etc. I would give it a week. You should have backup through Paypal and the credit card used to fund the payment.

Here is some Paypal contact info:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...stion9-outside
    Last edited by John MS; October 25th, 2013 at 20:19.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah thanks for the comments. Credit card not expired and paypal is linked directly with my bank account too. I guess the mild annoyance is with the lack of email communication despite me trying to get in touch with hodinkee; even after providing my order number...will update on this.
    State of the Collection:

Ole Mathiesen OM1.35.M | Seagull M199S Moonphase | Omega Speedmaster Professional 3750.50 | Seiko SBDX001 Marinemaster | Seiko 6309-7040 | Seiko SCVS013 | Stowa Antea KS | Stowa 1938 Chronograph | Seagull M201S | Seiko SBCM023 | Bulova Super Seville | Steinhart Ocean 1 Black (39mm) | Oris Artelier Moonphase | Smiths PRS-68 | Casio G-Shock GW-5000-1JF | Seiko SBBN015 | Seiko SKX007K2 | Seiko SRP043K1 | Caravelle 666ft Diver

Daily Phone: iPhone 5 (White) | Daily Driver: 2001 Toyota Prius | Daily Writer: Lamy 2000 Ballpoint | Daily Wallet: Coach Pebbled Bifold Brown

So a quick update: contacted PayPal and they confirmed that it is nothing from my end, the transaction is pending acceptance from Hodinkee.

Still no replies via email from Hodinkee. Hopefully this gets resolved in the coming week.
    State of the Collection:

It's the weekend. He's not Amazon.

Yeah which would have been fine if the order wasn't made ONE WEEK ago.
    State of the Collection:

Six months ago when I was ready to buy my Rolex 5513, I sent three emails and left three voicemails for one of the best-known vintage Rolex dealers online saying, "I want to buy this particular watch on your site. I'm ready to buy it today." I never heard from him. I finally figured out from online context he was at a big watch show.

When you're dealing with individuals or small operations, it's sometimes unrealistic to expect Amazon-levels of response.

Quote Originally Posted by dbt001 View Post
    Six months ago when I was ready to buy my Rolex 5513, I sent three emails and left three voicemails for one of the best-known vintage Rolex dealers online saying, "I want to buy this particular watch on your site. I'm ready to buy it today." I never heard from him. I finally figured out from online context he was at a big watch show.

When you're dealing with individuals or small operations, it's sometimes unrealistic to expect Amazon-levels of response.
    I can understand where this sentiment is coming from, but I have been in the OP's situation before (not with Hodinkee, I ordered two straps from him awhile back and it went smoothly fwiw). I think it's actually quite possiblyMORE important for small operations to be at Amazon levels, or as close to Amazon levels of responsiveness.....because they need to capture as much business as they can and develop positive feedback, word of mouth promotions, etc. With today's e-commerce technology available to these sellers, an automated email response is very little to ask for. If a person will be out of town, or completely off-line for awhile, and they don't have a backup employee, I'd say it's 1000% necessary to have emails bounced out to customers upon the submission of orders, or some kind of communication plan in place. Even a static notification on the website as a pre-emptive heads-up would be better than nothing.

Ok thanks for the comments. Final update: Hodinkee emailed me and apologized for a technical issue resulting in delay of orders from last week. My payment has been accepted and strap will arrive in 2-3 days.
    dbt001 likes this.
    State of the Collection:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information