Honest opinion - what do you think of this Aqua Terra?
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Honest opinion - what do you think of this Aqua Terra?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Honest opinion - what do you think of this Aqua Terra?

I was browsing Jomashop, admiring some Omega Aqua Terras; a watch that I have been lusting after for a long time and may be in a position to consider purchasing in the (hopefully) not too distant future. I was looking at the different models, particularly in the smaller diameters, and came across the model that catches my attention every single time I see it - ref. 23110392154001. It has several features that I love: 38.5mm diameter (perfect for my 6.75" wrists), with a white (not silver) dial, with black hands and hour markers that contrast nicely and look like they would provide excellent legibility. There is a problem, though, that isn't usually too obvious at the first glance of a small thumbnail, but when you expand the image and see it - diamonds. I have never been an advocate of diamonds on men's watches (nor am I a fan of blinginess in general, for that matter), and I sincerely wish that this model came in a sans-diamond version, but it just doesn't (please, please, correct me if I'm wrong). My question: assuming that your taste is somewhat similar to mine and that you generally stray away from too much bling and flash in your watch choices, do you think that these small diamonds inside the hour markers are subtle enough that they don't scream "hey, look at me, my diamond-studded watch is so luxurious and expensive and better than yours"? Or would they ruin the watch for you?

Sent from my bathroom using [email protected]

Re: Honest opinion - what do you think of this Aqua Terra?

I thought diamonds are women's best friends, no?

btw, i did noticed blinging markers at a glance, i'm sure that would be more visible on an actual watch, so unless you can dig them out, it's a no go for me...
    Toothbras likes this.

38.5mm diameter - great.
    White dial - great, especially with the red Seamaster writing.
    Diamonds are usually a no-go for me although the way they are used on the AP Royal Oak Offshore LeBron James creation is really nice.
    I have to say though that they do look nice on this Aqua Terra and it certainly would not put me off buying it. I too love the Aqua Terra and hope to get one soon
    Good luck with your decision.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

lvt

What if a diamond falls and rolls around the dial ?
    Noam the Newt likes this.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

For me it would be a deal killer, no doubt. It's beautiful otherwise--pity.
    omeglycine and njegos like this.

Eh, it looks fine to me. I suspect that in person those diamonds are too small to be anything but a shiny dot on the dial. Even if they're not, that's a pretty sporty watch in general -- no one's going to think it looks feminine because each marker has a teeny-tiny jeweled bit on it.
    lovebandit likes this.

Really love the watch, but the diamonds are a no go for me. And it's not a masculinity thing, I really don't think they look good in general on watches. But you know if that's the one you want and can afford it, then go for it. Everyone has different tastes.

Also it's worth remembering that the Aqua Terra is a lineup in transition, as the new Master Coaxial (8508) has been put into several models already but not this one--so even if you decide to get this one, might be worth waiting for the new movement.

Thanks for the opinions so far. I wish there were more pictures/videos available of this watch, I would like to get a better idea of how it looks in person.

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    What if a diamond falls and rolls around the dial ?
    If it were a $50 fashion watch with rhinestones glued on the dial, that might be a concern, but on a modern Omega? Obviously no watch manufacturer is without the occasional quality control issue, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear about an isolated occasion where that has happened, but I would assume that on most watches at this price point, the diamonds would be secured to the dial just about as firmly as the hour markers themselves - how often do they fall off and bounce around?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingpicasso View Post
    For me it would be a deal killer, no doubt. It's beautiful otherwise--pity.
    I agree. Shame they ruined an otherwise fantastic design.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenM View Post
    Also it's worth remembering that the Aqua Terra is a lineup in transition, as the new Master Coaxial (8508) has been put into several models already but not this one--so even if you decide to get this one, might be worth waiting for the new movement.
    That's a very good point. Hopefully they continue to make the AT in the 38.5mm size once it is equipped with the new movement; last time they changed movements (from the 2500 to the 8500), they phased out what was the smallest case diameter at that time (36mm), and as the trend toward larger watches continues, I wouldn't be completely surprised to see the current smaller size discontinued.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information