Horology addiction is destroying me
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Horology addiction is destroying me

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Unhappy Horology addiction is destroying me

Hey guys.

I've been trying to study for a university entrance exam past 6 months and I haven't made nearly any progress . When I have time to study I grab my iPad and tell myself that I'll just check the public forum for new posts and then hit the books.

What happens almost every day is that I end up browsing from thread to thread and from site to site. I watch videos about watches, read reviews, search eBay for vintage pieces, study watch movements, you name it. I consume way too much time on the internet browsing watches and reading forums. My "real life" is degenerating. I have even started to sleep too little (<7 hours/night. I'm 18 and I know I need more sleep).

Anyone else addicted this bad? I should be banned and IP blocked from WUS. I hate to come here to feed my unquenchable hunger.

Cheers
    Last edited by Bomfunk; October 30th, 2013 at 22:45. Reason: Fixed some random bug
    JPfeuffer and hayday like this.

Re: Horology addiction is destroying me

My advice. Find a new obsession to replace your watch obsession. Cameras for example.
    watchma likes this.
    Current - Archimede Pilot 39 // Orient Bambino (Steel with black dial) // Seiko 5 - SNKL09 // Seiko SARB017 Alpinist // Lip GDG 145

Want list (Subject to change) - Tissot Heritage PR156 // Dugena Festa (Junghans Meister if the budget stretches) // Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT // Nomos Club // Longines Heritage Diver // Mido Commander Chronometer // Stowa Seatime // Stowa Fleiger T01 Testaf // Laco Vintage // March La.B AM3 Marron // G. Gerlach Tritium // Oris Chronoris // Glycine Airman SST 12 // Tutima Saxon One

If only* (Also subject to change) - Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra // Omega Speedmaster Chronograph // Sinn Model 140 st // Damasko Modell DK101 // Mühle Terranaut Trail // Genesis Lemania // Rolex Milgauss // Glash
    ütte Original Sixties Square Chronograph // Vulcain - Nautical Seventies and Cricket Extreme (I'm partial to Vulcain generally) // Grand Seiko Hi-Beat // Hajime Asaoka Tourbillon

*(AKA - not in this lifetime)

Apply to watch making school. Two birds and all that.
    I know nothing except the fact of my own ignorance. Socrates

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

at least is not p**n addiction
    pantagruel and Perseus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis1 View Post
    at least is not p**n addiction
    In addition to...

Looks like you may want to hang onto your wallet as well!
    "Time isn't the main thing. It is the only thing!" - Miles Davis

I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends don't let friends buy G-Schlocks.

You think I'm condescending...?? Do you even know what that means... ??

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹ I have learned that you have to put a smiley face or LOL behind anything just so people don't take you too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomfunk View Post
    Hey guys.

I've been trying to study for a university entrance exam past 6 months and I haven't made nearly any progress . When I have time to study I grab my iPad and tell myself that I'll just check the public forum for new posts and then hit the books.

What happens almost every day is that I end up browsing from thread to thread and from site to site. I watch videos about watches, read reviews, search eBay for vintage pieces, study watch movements, you name it. I consume way too much time on the internet browsing watches and reading forums. My "real life" is degenerating. I have even started to sleep too little (<7 hours/night. I'm 18 and I know I need more sleep).

Anyone else addicted this bad? I should be banned and IP blocked from WUS. I hate to come here to feed my unquenchable hunger.

Cheers
    Sounds to me like a self control and time management issue more than anything else. If it weren't watches, it would probably be something else.

I'd suggest taking a step back from computers for a while, see if it gets any better.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylgreek View Post
    Apply to watch making school. Two birds and all that.
    That has crossed my mind but I've wanted to be a dentist since 10 or something. I wouldn't like to be too isolated from people all the time in my job.

I also have a bad feeling that I might have problems with employment in the future if I became a watchmaker. What if people give up mechanical watches and start using smartwatches for example?

That has crossed my mind but I've wanted to be a dentist since 10 or something. I wouldn't like to be too isolated from people all the time in my job.

I also have a bad feeling that I might have problems with employment in the future if I became a watchmaker. What if people give up mechanical watches and start using smartwatches for example?

Go after that degree in electronics... you'll be covered.
    "Time isn't the main thing. It is the only thing!" - Miles Davis

I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends don't let friends buy G-Schlocks.

You think I'm condescending...?? Do you even know what that means... ??

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹ I have learned that you have to put a smiley face or LOL behind anything just so people don't take you too seriously.

Inactive

That has crossed my mind but I've wanted to be a dentist since 10 or something.
    Be a watch dentist

Just constantly thin k about this: do you just want to look at watches online or would you like to actually be able to buy them...
    Paulo 8135, Watchnut12 and Fi33pop like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information