How is Amazon's Asurion warranty?
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: How is Amazon's Asurion warranty?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How is Amazon's Asurion warranty?

I've gotten a defective Seiko Orange Monster. The spring bars aren't reliable (failed three times), the crown doesn't engage with the crown tube very well (it takes many many tries), and the date (Mon, Tue, Wed) wheel doesn't click as I turn the crown when I set it, however the day wheel will click as I transition between the days (1, 2, 3). If I send it back is Amazon going to do a good job to repair or just replace the watch? Do I have to change the strap back to the original strap that it came with? Thanks.
    Last edited by OrangeOrange; September 26th, 2015 at 23:37.

Re: How is Amazon's Asurion warranty?

If Amazon is willing to replace it - replace rather than repair. Amazon customer service is legendary, but at the end of the day they are a retailer, not watchmaker. Repairs are likely outsourced and you'll have no idea how the watch will come back. Spring bars may be an easy fix, but crown tube and date switching require knowhow.
    OrangeOrange likes this.

Using the Asurion warranty qnd sending it back to Amazon are different things.

How long have you had the watch?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've had the watch for 4 months now. I've only worn the watch for about 3 weeks. The bezel is dented from the watch taking several falls onto concrete so I don't think I can return it for a refund.

Well, as I think we established in your thread in the Seiko forum, your monster isn't defective -- you put the incorrectly-sized strap that didn't accommodate fat springbars on wrong, then you got angry and punched things which made the watch fly off. All the other damage you describe follows straightforwardly from you repeatedly flinging your watch onto concrete. Nothing defective, and therefore you aren't especially eligible for warranty work.

So, if you're going to try to convince Amazon/Asurion that they should fix it even though it wasn't defective, you're definitely going to need to put the regular bracelet back on. Otherwise, it'll be dead obvious to them what happened. It's still rather unlikely that you'll convince them that the obvious case damage didn't cause the problems, but Amazon has everything tuned to "the customer is always right," so you might get lucky.

*edit* and if you're specifically going to claim defective springbars, you should probably break one of them before you send it back.
    Last edited by Likestheshiny; September 27th, 2015 at 17:46.

Having read the thread on seiko forum, I dont think this should be covered by Amazon. Yes they are very customer friendly, but this is user error due to after-market springbars/strap and multiple shocks and Amazon should not have to fix that.

You'll have to call Asurion to arrange to send it in to them, then. 844 233 9779

Their page on watch warranties states it "does not cover any damage or defects due to excessive wear and tear, intentional or accidental misuse or abuse".

I get this, but should they at least fix the crown tube or crown threading and the issue with the date wheel? That was a new issue. There's only a few small dings. It shouldn't be considered excessive wear and tear, or misuse or abuse.
    Last edited by OrangeOrange; September 27th, 2015 at 03:48.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeOrange View Post
    I get this, but should they at least fix the crown tube or crown threading and the issue with the date wheel? That was a new issue. There's only a few small dings. It shouldn't be considered excessive wear and tear, or misuse or abuse.
    Note to self, do not buy a watch from OrangeOrange.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

My SKX175 was keeping pretty bad time and I sent it in through asurion. It took about a month and a half. they never updated the page where you can see the progress. It showed up back one day with a receipt for a pressure test, keeping the same bad time and no explanation. Haven't been able to talk to someone about it yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information