How can I purchase a new watch which is not available in any retailers in my country?

Thread: How can I purchase a new watch which is not available in any retailers in my country?

Banned

How can I purchase a new watch which is not available in any retailers in my country?

I am interested in a particular Longines watch model, and I have checked the website of every major jeweler in the UK without any luck. I looked on eBay and the only country I have seen them come from is the United States, but I need to purchase one new from a reputable dealer. I suspect this model was not made available in the UK.

The model is the Longines Saint Imier chronograph with a white dial.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Re: How can I purchase a new watch which is not available in any retailers in my country?

Try contacting one of the forum AD sponsors. Govberg or Toppers they may have it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: How can I purchase a new watch which is not available in any retailers in my country?

Have you tried jomashop?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Many U.S. dealers are more than happy to ship to Blighty but unless they state specifically that they do I always contact them for confirmation of the fact and to get shipping costs. Remember that the VAT man will get you as well.

Both AD sponsors in question are US-based, so that's no good if the OP's in the UK- customs charges and stuff.

IMO, the only solution is contacting a local AD (though I think that there are some Longines boutiques in the UK as well), and trying to order it straight from the manufacturer. If the watch in question is still in production, I can't see how that could be a problem. Just use the store locator on the Longines website, and find the nearest AD/boutique.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

It should still be in production. From here:
    https://www.longines.com/

Let the page load...the graphics may take a bit...then scroll all the way down. In the list of Watches, the Saint-Imier collection is listed, so they're still making it. Whether the exact model OP wants is...I didn't go into that level of detail. :)

EDIT: I realized that might be the US site.

https://www.watches-of-switzerland.c...es/saint-imier

They have the *black* dial...but that suggests they should be able to get the white dial.
    Last edited by gangrel; October 23rd, 2016 at 19:37.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Why not ordering from an European dealer, Montredo and chronext in .de have them in stock.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Thread Information