How do I sell a used watch?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: How do I sell a used watch?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How do I sell a used watch?

Hi all,

So over the past year and a half I've been exploring the world of finer watches and I am now at the point of selling my first watch. It's a Nite MX 10-201, used but not abused in very good condition. The only thing is, I've never really sold a used watch before. So, what are some options for me to sell it? I wouldn't want to sell it online so I wouldn't have to deal with shipping companies, but the only things I've ever heard of before are pawn shops and maybe auctions for high-dollar watches. As time goes on I'm learning that I'm beginning to have a thing for pricier watches, so I figure it'd be best to learn now rather than later. Thanks!

Re: How do I sell a used watch?

Pawn Shop, Craig's List, Local paper.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

These forums are great and one reason is because there is a sales forum. Selling on the forums is a lot less risk than say selling on ebay. Shipping a watch usually isn't a problem I ship a couple a month actually. If your preference is to not ship though you can also post it here in the forums and explicitly say face to face only and that you do not want to ship.
    "Buy the ticket take the ride"- Hunter S. Thompson

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Never ever go to a pawn shop first off.
    Take really good pics, lots of them, post online and price correctly.
    Ebay is ok too but lots of fees.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

If you really won't sell online, you're pretty much stuck getting bottom dollar from a pawn shop or through Craigslist. I know nothing about that watch, and perhaps its resale value just isn't worth the effort, but if you want to get the most you can then you'll list it on eBay or in the sales section here at WUS.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alphaninertwo View Post
    Hi all,

So over the past year and a half I've been exploring the world of finer watches and I am now at the point of selling my first watch. It's a Nite MX 10-201, used but not abused in very good condition. The only thing is, I've never really sold a used watch before. So, what are some options for me to sell it? I wouldn't want to sell it online so I wouldn't have to deal with shipping companies, but the only things I've ever heard of before are pawn shops and maybe auctions for high-dollar watches. As time goes on I'm learning that I'm beginning to have a thing for pricier watches, so I figure it'd be best to learn now rather than later. Thanks!
    The problem with this watch is that you'll have to sell it next to nothing. You can get it new online for £146/$220 bucks.

There is a review here for that watch. He experienced problems with the movement (tapping on it when the date didn't change) and the strap broke. There are similar complaints on eBay.

I've never heard of this watch and neither have most people. If you had a G-Shock or something like that I'm sure it would be an easier sell.

what I would do is find a kid I really like and say, here. I'm going to give you your first watch. Take care of it.

Just give it away.

I have a Tissot LeLocle. If I ever want to get rid of it I'll probably end up giving it to a friend or selling it to someone next to nothing.

the shipping or driving to meet someone will be more than the watch is worth.

or give it to a pawn. They'll give you maybe $30-$50 bucks for it. Take the wife to a steak dinner.

if you don't believe me, go to the sell section here and open a thread and try to sell it. Unless you practically give it away, nobody will buy this.
    Last edited by Lelocle; April 5th, 2015 at 05:31.
    Swans21 likes this.

selling a pre-owned watch without going online/hassle of shipping:
    1. local pawn shop (most likely lowest pay off)
    2. craigslist or local paper and specify cash/meet up
    3. word of mouth thru friends/contacts
    4. print flyers

you're really limiting yourself with the no online restriction, unless you really have a good network

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ari.seoul View Post
    selling a pre-owned watch without going online/hassle of shipping:
    1. local pawn shop (most likely lowest pay off)
    2. craigslist or local paper and specify cash/meet up
    3. word of mouth thru friends/contacts
    4. print flyers

you're really limiting yourself with the no online restriction, unless you really have a good network
    Who's going to buy a used Nite MX? In a perfect world, $100 bucks maybe?

find a nephew. Some nice kid. Say, hey, here's a watch for you. The joy of giving it to a nice kid or a friend who really needs a watch. Say a friend who has a beat up $10 Casio that stops 3 times a day. Pack it up nicely and give it to him.

That is worth more than $100 bucks.

Ard

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    Never ever go to a pawn shop first off.
    Take really good pics, lots of them, post online and price correctly.
    Ebay is ok too but lots of fees.
    That pretty well sums things up. I've sold quite a few items on the auction site, Good Pictures, presentation will sell most anything but as Tragic has stated the fees will get you, right now around 11.5% of the final sale value goes to the Bay & Pay Pal. Selling through a forum is another way but here a sale tends to get lost in the stack, on the Bay people will see the watch. Be sure to use the proper title for your watch when you list so you get maximum search results.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelocle View Post
    I have a Tissot LeLocle. If I ever want to get rid of it I'll probably end up giving it to a friend or selling it to someone next to nothing.

I'll gladly take the le locle off of your hands! Been wanting one for awhile now :)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information