How do you remove a bezel?

Thread: How do you remove a bezel?

Question How do you remove a bezel?

Does anyone have any advice on how to take off a user-removable bezel?

I've searched the forums but have only found various procedures for specific watches. The watch in question is a Corvus Bradley Dive watch. I want to swap the acrylic one with the new sapphire bezel.

I've never done it before and I don't want to damage (or scratch) the watch in any way.

I've also just sent a request in to Corvus but have not heard back yet so I thought to post here as well.

Are these instructions acturate?

Also, are there any gotchas wrt installing the new one? Or does it just snap on, plain and simple?
    Daniel

Re: How do you remove a bezel?

Personally I would take it to a watchmaker to be done if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. Prying with a knife could be done, but the case will most likely get scratched. Some watchmakers have a 4 bladed specialty tool that can remove most bezels without damage or fuss. Just my .02

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Did not handle the Corvus so I do not know. Depends on the model. A Damasko or Sinn is different to a Stowa bezel. Be careful though.

Stowa link: http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/c...zel_Change.flv
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Personally I would take it to a watchmaker to be done if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. Prying with a knife could be done, but the case will most likely get scratched. Some watchmakers have a 4 bladed specialty tool that can remove most bezels without damage or fuss. Just my .02
    Thank you. I will certainly take your excellent advice and have a pro do it.

[email protected] also got back to me yesterday and essentially said the same thing wrt using the 4-bladed tool. He also said that the issue with removing the bezel is not really scratching the case, it is accidentally popping out the sapphire crystal, which would require the crystal to be re-set using a crystal press and the correct die.

I have trouble changing straps with spring bars, so I'm going to let a pro handle it.
    Daniel

Thread Information