How Do You Tell Time?

Thread: How Do You Tell Time?

How Do You Tell Time?

Re: How Do You Tell Time?

I guess for a cost factor it makes sense but not from a convenience view. You have to pull your phone out of its case or your pocket, either open it if it is a flip phone or push a button to illuminate the screen and then close the phone and put it back in its case or holder or put the phone back in your pocket or purse. I could of looked at my watch a half dozen times in all the time it took to do that.

Smurfe

I think all these articles that say watches are obselete are nothing but hogwash. Look around you. Since my interest in watches has surged, thanks to WUS, I notice whether or not someone is wearing a watch. I'd say about 75% of men have one on their wrist and about 50% of women ae sporting one. Of course, most I see are about the same-the ultra affordable or the Seiko Quartz, but they DO have one. One of my co workers wears a Kenneth Cole that doesn't even work. He said it's for looks. I got my friend's 12 year old son an inexpensive Seiko 5 from pokeymonyu, and he thought an automatic was the coolest thing there was. And he wears it to school. A couple of years ago, my then GF said she could not wear a watch-it would run for about a week and stop. I found out that she was wearing analog quartz watches. I don't know if it is magnetism in her body that stops it or what it is. So I got her a Timex digital. She was so thrilled to know there is a type of watch she can wear. She wore it every day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

First, how do I contact the Canadian about his drawer full of broken watches? I want them.

Second, the industry data that I have seen only track purchases from principally Swiss makers that sell for over $100. So if sales are down 17% in 5 years perhaps its only that <$100 non-Swiss companies that are making up a larger percentage of the sales?

Finally, If watches actually are being made to be disposable than sales of actual units of watches (not total $ amount) may go up but only in the disposable <$?? range?
    -Robert
    Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
    As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.

Eh. Traditional watch ppl will always love watches. Just like traditional muscle car guys will always run carburetors, just like early tech adopters will blindly spend their money on the next [email protected] gadgets. The generations who were introduced to the first automatics, accutrons, etc will go but there will always be another generation waiting to appreciate these dinosaurs of a bygone era.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfe View Post
    I guess for a cost factor it makes sense but not from a convenience view. You have to pull your phone out of its case or your pocket, either open it if it is a flip phone or push a button to illuminate the screen and then close the phone and put it back in its case or holder or put the phone back in your pocket or purse. I could of looked at my watch a half dozen times in all the time it took to do that.

Smurfe

Smurfes right
    Did the draw down with a friend of mine tonight. Think I quoted the time 6 times before he pulled his phone out of the holder.

An over 60 friend of mine hasn't worn a watch in years. He says he's too rough on watches and that they are always breaking. When I asked how he tells time, he points out the clock on the wall or in his car. Since he's usually on time, I guess it works for him. I would feel almost naked without one, but that's just me.

Ricky

Quote Originally Posted by BIG CHRONO View Post
    Is there a debate? I don't know a single person who relies on a phone to tell the time. But then I don't know any teenagers or know-nothing twenty-somethings.

Thread Information