How Does One Lose A Watch?

Thread: How Does One Lose A Watch?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How Does One Lose A Watch?

For a longest time I never get how men lose their watches. It should always be on a wrist and when it is not on, it should always be at one place waiting for you. I rarely take off my wrist watch out side of my home and never lose a watch in my life!

Until today.....

Was playing a casual basketball game with my friend at this party. Suprisingly we were not the only one want to take some breeze. When I turn back, I found my GOLD watch is gone! I forget to put as sign "this is not a real gold, gold watch".

Anyway, how do you lose your watch??

This is one that is missing from today:

Name:  SNA414%20%20a.jpg
Views: 1340
Size:  75.4 KB
    Last edited by Ray MacDonald; December 26th, 2010 at 19:43.

Re: How Does One Lose A Watch?

Hi,

I to have done this playing a cricket match at Xmas last year on an oval I played for 4 hours and didn't realise until I got home I went back to the oval and alas it wasn't there. It was an old Seiko I suspect a spring bar let go with all the jarring from hitting the ball. From that time on I take them off and leave them somewhere safe.

Cheers
    Mark.

GTA, Ontario, Canada, the True North strong and free

Quote Originally Posted by wuyeah View Post

For a longest time I never get how men lose their watches. It should always be on a wrist and when it is not on, it should always be at one place waiting for you. I rarely take off my wrist watch out side of my home and never lose a watch in my life!

Until today.....

Was playing a casual basketball game with my friend at this party. Suprisingly we were not the only one want to take some breeze. When I turn back, I found my GOLD watch is gone! I forget to put as sign "this is not a real gold, gold watch".

What an odd thread. If people knew how they lost things, they wouldn't be lost, would they? And sorry to say, but it sounds like your watch was stolen, which is a pretty different thing.
    DESIDERANTES MELIOREM PATRIAM

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

how does one lose a watch? -nobody ever knows.
    how does one gets a watch get stolen? -depends on the circumstance and presence of mind of the owner.

lose the watch? springbars or bracelet pins failed
    theres a real practical reason why military watches used fixed bars.
    i have here 2 of my own watches where the springbars are bent. if i would use them more for a while
    they could break or slip out of the lugs
    there are a couple of stories on this forum of members having lost their watch because spring bars failed
    and few stories of people who have found a watch with failed spring bars in the parking lot etc

I've been considering swapping all of my watch straps with NATO versions or one-piece versions such as the Zulu. That way, if one lug fails, you don't lose your watch. It'll just flop a bit on your wrist.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Banned

This is one that is missing from today
    With any luck, the thief will realize (a) it's only plated and (b) he can't figure out how to use it and he'll return it.

Until today.....

This is one that is missing from today:
    I suspect the guy in your avatar pic took it. He looks sus.

Which prompts me to share a thought. I think it would be good if posts kept the avatar and sig the poster had at the time of posting. I think it would provide more context. For example, my joke here was rather poor, but just imagine how how strange it will seem in 3 weeks when the OP has changed his Avatar to a picture of the leaning tower of pisa.

Here's how! Bought a Rolex stainless Steel Oyster Date 1501 in 1967 (I was 28) and on my first assignment as an American Foreign Service Officer, stationed in Munich, Germany. Actually bought this watch at the Duty Free Shop at the SAS Hotel in Copenhagen. I paid US$160.00. This was a lot of money at the time, considering what my yearly salary was! This watch was lost by the USPS earlier this year after being returned from servicing. I have not been the same since!!! Sent watch to guy in NC for servicing. Insured for $2000 and registered it. Month later, called up to see where my watch was. NC guy said he sent it several weeks ago and insured t for $1500 but did NOT register it!!! He filed insurance claim but it was turned down since he "failed to provide a value for the watch"!!! We filed appeal and eventually won. USPS sent him $1500, but he sent me only $1135!!! He deducted $365 for servicing the watch I never received due to his failure to registered it!!! Put a lot of pressure on him, reported him to my state's Consumer Protection Agency, and finally shamed him into sending me the final $365! Miss my Rolex, but got to get over it!

In one of his drunken stupors, my friend took his Swiss Army Ti Chrono off and put it on the window ledge right beside his bed, above his headboard. It had been missing for several weeks before we happened to all be over at his place when he mentioned this, and I figured he put it there, and I quickly found it for him. The sill was behind a night stand, and the watch behind his horizontal blinds. But his apt was on the first story, and the watch was behind the blinds, I'm surprised he didn't see it as he was walking past it outside.
    ..............Rolex
    Omega
    Breitling TAG Heuer
    Seiko Citizen G-Shock

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information