How does this rolex oyster perpetual look? Considering it for a new daily use. Suggestions?
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: How does this rolex oyster perpetual look? Considering it for a new daily use. Suggestions?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How does this rolex oyster perpetual look? Considering it for a new daily use. Suggestions?

I recently purchased an amazing classic fusion Hublot I wear everyday. I want to ideally have the option between two watches for my everyday wears, and eventually have some exclusive beauties for occasions.
    How does this 36mm simple dial look on my 6.5" wrists?
    I want to get it in black, but they only had this color, so it is the only picture I have of me wearing this rolex at the moment.

I also want to get it in leather. I will have to customise it from another place as it doesn't come this way from the AD.

What do you guys think?
    I am not a big fan of the sport versions of rolex, etc. I like my watches simple.
    I have posted a pic of the rolex on my wrist(exactly the one I want, except in black, and a separate pic of the kind of look I want with the leather strap, and a last pic of the current Hublot I purchased recently.
    Feel free to suggest other watches if you have any other that come to mind.

Thanks!

Name:  IMG_8976.JPG
Views: 1130
Size:  110.6 KBName:  $_57.JPG
Views: 1119
Size:  182.1 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1115
Size:  660.0 KB

Re: How does this rolex oyster perpetual look? Considering it for a new daily use. Suggestions?

First, the hublot you got is one of the few I like, so congrats. As for that OP, I have a question for you? First how did you like that color in person? I have not seen it in person yet and considered it or the red grape version? also what is your wrist size? That watch looks great on your wrist, if that is your pic.
    "In the Eighties we were so amazingly primitive we still thought digital watches were a pretty neat idea."

Re: How does this rolex oyster perpetual look? Considering it for a new daily use. Suggestions?

I don't know much about the pilot culture, but the gold dial doesn't work in some situations I live in (too garish). The black is fine. It can work well as a daily and, in a pinch, can pass for a dress. Heck, that's roughly what I use my Explorer for, daily and the casual dress situations when I feel in the mood. Though I would make sure to get one without rust on the seconds hand.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |
    On deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary |

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead123 View Post
    I don't know much about the pilot culture, but the gold dial doesn't work in some situations I live in (too garish). The black is fine. It can work well as a daily and, in a pinch, can pass for a dress. Heck, that's roughly what I use my Explorer for, daily and the casual dress situations when I feel in the mood. Though I would make sure to get one without rust on the seconds hand.
    Garish? I think it looks kinda cool as in 70's cool, like it should have been in the movie Anchorman, lol
    "In the Eighties we were so amazingly primitive we still thought digital watches were a pretty neat idea."

Quote Originally Posted by Stellite View Post
    Garish? I think it looks kinda cool as in 70's cool, like it should have been in the movie Anchorman, lol
    And Ron Burgundy is the epitome of understated elegance and refinement.

All joking aside, I do agree with you, as it is not a yellow gold Rolex (which is worse). However, a gold-ish Rolex is usually not considered understated. Remember, he has to wander around the real people, not just weirdos like us. One can act like a nutjob in our little broom closet club at the far end of the school, but eventually we do have to go out and mingle amongst the normal people.
    Stellite likes this.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |
    On deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary |

Quote Originally Posted by Stellite View Post
    First, the hublot you got is one of the few I like, so congrats. As for that OP, I have a question for you? First how did you like that color in person? I have not seen it in person yet and considered it or the red grape version? also what is your wrist size? That watch looks great on your wrist, if that is your pic.
    Thank you very much. I am in love with it. People seem to really notice and complement it a lot.
    Also, I love that rolex color actually. I think it is an acquired taste but it's beautiful. I actually want to get it in black as I stated in the OP, because it would be more suitable for an everyday watch, which is what i'm looking for at the moment. Nevertheless, if I had extra money, I would have loved to get this color, it really is very beautiful.
    That is my wrist, and is 6.5".
    Would like to ideally get that watch, with a black dial, and throw in a black leather strap on it, would look amazing I think and like stated by the poster above, would work for everyday and also dressy occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead123 View Post
    Yeah I had just posted that pic as it was the only pic of me wearing the watch I want, but I do definitely want it in black and not gold.
    Also, I will definitely get a better one, that was just to show you the kind of look i'm looking for in the rolex I want to get.
    Thanks for the tip!

here is my 70's perpetual both on bracelet and leather [i change the leather depending on mood ] -beautiful watches that wear larger than they are and with great classy look -bit like 911's they look 'cool' in any colour really -although gold would be lowest on my list - black would wear a little smaller on the eye imo, white or most likely it would be a creamy white look good - this one is a stunning blue with gold hands which i love -my wrist is a 7.5 and have no problem with the 34mm size whatsoever -so a 36 should be no problem you won't regret it and will make a perfect alternative wearer to the Hublot - very comfortable watches , classy pieces Name:  nn.jpg
Views: 1114
Size:  86.0 KBName:  rolx2.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  205.4 KB

I think it looks good, but you could definitely stand to go to a 34mm air king or something, I have a smooth bezel black dial one.

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    here is my 70's perpetual both on bracelet and leather [i change the leather depending on mood ] -beautiful watches that wear larger than they are and with great classy look -bit like 911's they look 'cool' in any colour really -although gold would be lowest on my list - black would wear a little smaller on the eye imo, white or most likely it would be a creamy white look good - this one is a stunning blue with gold hands which i love -my wrist is a 7.5 and have no problem with the 34mm size whatsoever -so a 36 should be no problem you won't regret it and will make a perfect alternative wearer to the Hublot - very comfortable watches , classy pieces Name:  nn.jpg
Views: 1114
Size:  86.0 KBName:  rolx2.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  205.4 KB

Looks amazing honestly!
    I already have a light color Hublot and honestly wanted something dark. The dark blue looks beautiful.
    I was actually thinking about the 34mm but was worried the 36 would be a better size.
    I can actually get much better deals on the 34mm, and they are easier to find at least here where I am, but thought the 36 would be a more ideal size generally.
    You think the difference is somewhat negligible?
    I have a 6.5" wrist btw.

Thanks for the response, and very beautiful watch!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information