How EARLY or LATE does your DATE change with respect to 00 hour? How much error is acceptable?
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: How EARLY or LATE does your DATE change with respect to 00 hour? How much error is acceptable?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

How EARLY or LATE does your DATE change with respect to 00 hour? How much error is acceptable?

I've never really noticed to be honest.

But the other day, I did notice one of mine changing at 11:43, and thought,
    "Dang son, what's yer hurry?"

No I don't mind it too much, I am not usually in need of that info at that time anyway,
    and I can kinda remember what the date was all day.

So I probably won't go through the hassle of taking the hands off, etc.

What is acceptable to you?
    "Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail." _ John Donne

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: How EARLY or LATE does your DATE change with respect to 00 hour? How much error is acceptable?

Error or construction related ? Date change at 11:43 does not necessarily indicates any error/failure.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Re: How EARLY or LATE does your DATE change with respect to 00 hour? How much error is acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Error or construction related ? Date change at 11:43 does not necessarily indicates any error/failure.
    No it does not.
    I just think the hands were mounted before the gears were lined up at 00 hour.
    "Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail." _ John Donne

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If the date rolls over between 11pm, and 1am. I find it acceptable.

Well, I like vintage Seikos, so I obviously don't care! :)

In fact, I'm amazed when I get a (non-Seiko) watch that changes close to midnight.

I happened to be looking at my Amphibia when it happened tonight at 12:02. Nice satisfying clunk.
    Chronopolis likes this.

starts to change around 23:55 finishes change by 0:02 or so...I think. If i'm up around midnight, the last thing I'd be doing is staring at my watch.
    Chronopolis likes this.
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

A few weeks ago I was up nearing midnight and decided to look at my Ball Fireman with the split day/date to answer this very question. I looked at it continuously for 20 seconds before midnight and it had not changed, but both day and date had changed by 12:02. Trouble is, I didn't see either flip. I am getting older, but I still have good vision. Did I blink? Split day/date slight of hand? Sneaky little thing if you ask me. Worst of it is I tried it again a few days later with the same result.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
    Chronopolis likes this.

All my watches change between 11:30 PM and 00:30 AM when I'm asleep - It's nothing I would assign "acceptable" or not to.
    Last edited by Squirrelly; May 3rd, 2019 at 20:11.

Vulcain Nautique 1st Swiss/1967 * Seiko 5 SpeedTimer 1st Auto Chrono, from Tokyo Ginza/1969 * Handful of Seiko Quartz Chronos * Heuer Re-issue 1964 Pre-TAG Carrera chrono * TAG Heuer "Carrera" Chrono * Omega "Speedmaster" Chrono * Baume & Mercier Formula S Chrono * Zenith "El Primero" HW Chrono * Mühle Glashütte Nautische Chrono * Sinn 903ST “Navitimer” Chrono * Techné SparrowHawk II Chrono * Alpina Startimer Big-Date Chrono * Zodiac Sea Dragon chrono * (2) Victorinox "Infantry Vintage" Chronos (Silver/Green) * Junkers "G38" chrono * Hamilton Pioneer Khaki chrono * Bulova Marine Star Chrono/Diver * Breitling Chronospace chrono * Dan Henry 1939 chrono * Fortuna chrono * Delbana "Silverstone" chrono * Ball Fireman "Storm Chaser" chrono * William L. chrono * Junghans Meister Telemeter Chronoscope *

I recently wanted to video my Glashutte-Original big date doing a double date change simultaneously. One would think it would be easy enough to just set the time to a few minutes before midnight and then watch it happen. Every time I set it to 10 or 5 minutes before the hour and pushed the crown back in the date automatically Advanced. Then I set it back to a quarter to 12 and literally videoed the watch as it approached the hour for 15 minutes and it wasn't until about four and a half minutes after the hour that it finally changed. And I missed it on the video so I did the exact same thing again and then around 3 and 1/2 minutes after the hour it changed and I caught it. Needless to say, it not only doesn't happen on the hour but it isn't necessarily consistent. With that said, I'm almost never up when the date changes so in the end it doesn't really matter.
    Chronopolis likes this.
    Glashütte Senator Sixties Panodate Green
    Rolex Milgauss Z Blue
    Triton Subphotique blue
    Sinn U1 T
    Casio G-Shock full metal steel

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information