How an El Primero grew Diamonds..... ( or "LVMH Service Asleep at the Wheel" )
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: How an El Primero grew Diamonds..... ( or "LVMH Service Asleep at the Wheel" )

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How an El Primero grew Diamonds..... ( or "LVMH Service Asleep at the Wheel" )

OK so I put my 36000vph El Primero into the AD for a minor adjustment, under warranty :
    Name:  350pix-1754.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  103.2 KB

4 weeks later, no news, so I start pushing. Gently. A week later they tell me my watch is fixed and offer to courier it direct to my office. I think "hey that's great" and I'm really looking forward to having the little guy back.

Imagine my surprise when I open the box and find THIS:
    Name:  zenith_star-open_star-moonphase_watches_timepieces_uhren_design_luxus_luxury_schweiz_switzerland.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  212.0 KB
    ​******************************
    (borrowed pic)

That's somebody else's $25,000 ( in Australia ) El Primero. And that somebody else is definitely NOT a guy.
    So I call LVMH, tell them what happened, and ask what the heck have they done with MY watch? They are most grateful, and send a courier the same day to pick up the ritzy little number, telling me at the same time that they will send "my" watch ASAP, together with a small gift of appreciation.

Three days later, I still don't have my watch. Or the gift. I'm starting to wonder if in fact they actually know where the watch is. No doubt it will turn up soon. I hope.

Meantime I can't help thinking: If only they'd sent me a Striking 10th instead!!!
    Last edited by Watchnik; October 14th, 2013 at 09:19.
    iam7head, MZhammer and KyleT like this.

Re: How an El Primero grew Diamonds..... ( or "LVMH Service Asleep at the Wheel" )

That's...bizarre!

Inactive

Re: How an El Primero grew Diamonds..... ( or "LVMH Service Asleep at the Wheel" )

Not that bizarre, a box is a box and can easily get misrouted if somebody isn't paying attention at a critical time.

Personally I'd have held it ransom, Something along the lines of "I will release this watch as soon as you deliver my original watch" would have got their attention and concentrated the mind.
    Last edited by watchma; October 14th, 2013 at 10:15.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by watchma View Post
    Not that bizarre, a box is a box and can easily get misrouted if somebody isn't paying attention at a critical time.

Personally I'd have held it ransom, Something along the lines of "I will release this watch as soon as you deliver my original watch" would have got their attention and concentrated the mind.
    The ransom did occur to me I admit! But I keep saying to myself here in Oz we are a very very long way from Switzerland, and it's probably a good thing to maintain cordial relations with the local distributor!
    A box ain't just a box however if what you do for a living is repair and adjust stuff that costs from say $1k to $50k and needs to get back to its rightful owner.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Watchnik View Post
    A box ain't just a box however if what you do for a living is repair and adjust stuff that costs from say $1k to $50k and needs to get back to its rightful owner.
    What I meant was a box is just a box once it's boxed, some idiot obviously wasn't concentrating at an absolutely crucial moment in the chain.

I really hope you get it back ASAP, better still for them to say they can't locate it and they have to replace it , it might not just be two parties involved in this mix-up !
    Watchnik likes this.

I am impressed what kind of a difference a service can do!

Quote Originally Posted by Watchnik View Post
    Name:  350pix-1754.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  103.2 KB

Name:  zenith_star-open_star-moonphase_watches_timepieces_uhren_design_luxus_luxury_schweiz_switzerland.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  212.0 KB
    Last edited by Fantasio; October 15th, 2013 at 10:35.
    Cheers, M

"Both feet on the floor, two hands on the wheel, may the wind take your troubles away."

- Son Volt -

[QUOTE=Fantasio;6874372]I am impressed what kind of a difference a service can do!

/QUOTE]

LOL in my humble opinion what LVMH did to my ​watch was a disservice
    hayday and kayjf like this.

Watches usually sparkle after a service but this takes the cake !

Wonder if they mailed your watch to the owner of that El Primero and what her reaction would be

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by mew88 View Post
    Wonder if they mailed your watch to the owner of that El Primero and what her reaction would be

"Oh Herbert!...

... they've STOLEN all the diamonds off my watch !!"

mew88 and Watchnik like this.

curious question for the lawyers on the forum.

what would happen if you refuse to return the watch ? How can they charge you for theft ?
    Current Collection

Patek 5110g
    Cartier Calibre W7100009
    PAM 111
    Rolex Milgauss GV
    Rolex Explorer I 114270
    Longines Evidenza Chronograph
    GShock

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information