How to fix/ avoid scratches on a watch with mineral glass?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dacattoo

Thread: How to fix/ avoid scratches on a watch with mineral glass?

Question How to fix/ avoid scratches on a watch with mineral glass?

Hello people,

I have this particular watch: Timex Expedition Analog-Digital Watch - Unisex - Buy Timex Expedition Analog-Digital Watch - Unisex MF13 Online at Best Prices in India | Flipkart.com

Lately, the mineral glass on the watch has easily caught a number of scratches. Have a look at the following photographs of the watch's condition:

I came to know that the thickness of this watch is pretty less - about 0.5 millimetres. What would be the appropriate ways to fix this? And is there any product (like a guard) that can help to avoid further scratches?

I'll appreciate any help :)

Re: How to fix/ avoid scratches on a watch with mineral glass?

Timex can likely replace the crystal, but it's glass. It will scratch. Even sapphire can get damaged, eventually. While there are a few tenacious souls hereabouts who have polished out scratches in glass, it ain't easy or quick, like acrylic. That's why, with mineral or glass, replacement is the usual tack to clear them up. You can try pieces of those clear, stick on or static cling shields for i-phones, etc. but as far as I know, some of the Swatch, G-shock, and Bertucci are the only ones with optional guards for the crystal. I've seen the "bull bars" on a G-shock leave their own marks on the crystal, as well. Watches with recessed crystals usually fare a bit better.
    I have become accustomed to favoring my wrist which has done the most for preserving the glass.
    This subject has been discussed to death....

Josh
    Last edited by J.D.B.; December 30th, 2012 at 17:35.
    Thank you, I'm flattered, but, please don't click any "Likes" for me (unless there's a prize for "most likes")?

Re: How to fix/ avoid scratches on a watch with mineral glass?

Most successful method is to not wear the watch.
    akasnowmaaan likes this.

Thread Information