How to get out scratches from crystal of old Casio Forester? Plus other question about Forester.

Thread: How to get out scratches from crystal of old Casio Forester? Plus other question about Forester.

How to get out scratches from crystal of old Casio Forester? Plus other question about Forester.

I have a Casio Forester that is maybe 6 or 7 years old. I was wondering what is the best and easiest way to get the scratches out. I assume the crystal is made from plastic/acrylic and I had read that the crystal for the Forester model is very prone to scratches.

Also I was wondering my Forester is the FT-160 model. Why does it seem to be the only Forester of I've seen that doesn't have the Forester name at the top? Everything else seems correct and I don't believe it is a fake. It originally came with a green velcro band that I have since junked due to degradation.

Seiko, Cartier Moderator Athram's Avatar

Re: How to get out scratches from crystal of old Casio Forester? Plus other question about Forester.

Firstly you may be best off asking your question about your Forrester in the Casio forum. Those guys are the real experts.

Secondly with plastic crystals buying a tube of Polywatch should do the job. You could also use non abrasive toothpaste, though I have found Polywatch to work better.

Re: How to get out scratches from crystal of old Casio Forester? Plus other question about Forester.

You may also want to send it to Casio for servicing. They would replace all seals and the crystal.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for responses. I'll certainly look for polywatch.

One question and this may sound stupid but where is the Casio Forum? I know there is a Casio G-Shock forum but I can't find a forum for all other casios old and new. If there isn't one there probably should be.

Seiko, Cartier Moderator Athram's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimeWanderer View Post

One question and this may sound stupid but where is the Casio Forum? I know there is a Casio G-Shock forum but I can't find a forum for all other casios old and new. If there isn't one there probably should be.
    Posting in the G-shock forum would probably be fine or in the Affordable Watches forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeWanderer View Post

Yeah the Casio G-Shock forum is pretty much for all Casio's. I think they should change the name to Casio/G-Shock or just Casio.

I reposted part of my message on the G-Shock forum any nobody responded and that forum is almost as busy as this forum. I think all the messages on that forum have to do with G-shocks, perhaps nobody there no anything about casio watches beyond G-shocks.

Be patient. Someone will likely come along and answer your question, just give it some time.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

Polywatch works magic. It worked for me.

Forum Runner App

Thread Information