How long can I expect my watch to sit in UK customs for?

Thread: How long can I expect my watch to sit in UK customs for?

It's been showing as sitting in UK Customs since 1st Jan. I realise it's been a holiday but how much longer should I expect to wait?

Thanks

Re: How long can I expect my watch to sit in UK customs for?

Quote Originally Posted by Borderer View Post

It's been showing as sitting in UK Customs since 1st Jan. I realise it's been a holiday but how much longer should I expect to wait?

Thanks
    My watch arrived from the US into the UK the day before Christmas Eve (23rd Dec) - on Christmas Eve it was showing up on the UK Parcel Force tracker as being in UK customs - this was not cleared and the watch sent to my local Parcel Force office until New Years Eve (31st Dec), I then drove there and picked it up - paying the customs fee at the same time.

I kept checking the tracker, and then called the Parcel Force Office when I saw it was on its way, and got them to confirm that they had the package - rather than wait for them to send out the letter saying that I had a parcel and that I had to pay customs duty before picking it up, as that would have taken ages...Better to go there and pick it up in person - quicker

Does that help?

Thanks Legin. Useful advice that i'll be sure to follow if it ever moves from customs

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Borderer View Post
    Thanks Legin. Useful advice that i'll be sure to follow if it ever moves from customs
    Your welcome, Borderer I have has this before with previous watches that I bought - in particular my Raven last year - where the watch gets here very quickly from the US but then sits in UK customs for ever...when this happened last year I called Customs themselves and got them to find out what the hold up was

To be fair the customs lady was very good, went off to look - called me back in the hour to say they had it and it was due to go to the Parcel Force dept, and then took my customs payment straight away so that it would not be help up in anyway...I had the watch a day later

Good luck!

Thread Information