Now that some time has passed since I got bitten by the watch bug, I've been able to learn what it is I really love and am always looking for in a watch. This is of course completely personal -- different people like different things so I'm not trying to make any statement here. Personally, though, what it turns out I am drawn to is a set of typical basic design aspects from the 1950s. I am curious as to how many suggestions I can get for watches that are available NEW but meet these old-fashioned critiera:
- Time Only (no date or other complications)
- Three-hander, seconds can be central or sub
- Classic size: preferably 34mm - 36mm, no bigger than 37
- Hand wound preferred but automatic acceptable
How many are there out there?
To start off the list:
- Nomos Tangente & Tangente 33
- Nomos Orion & Orion 33
- Stowa Partitio
- Grand Seiko SBGW031
who else has some to add to the list?