How Many Friends Have You Converted to WISdom?

Poll: What kind of watch did the trick?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: How Many Friends Have You Converted to WISdom?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question How Many Friends Have You Converted to WISdom?

This past Christmas, one of my friends who I have been talking shop with got a pristine, white dialed Tissot PRC-200. At first I thought that he had gotten the black dial version, but he actually got the same one I had when I first showed him my watch. I suppose imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

The clincher is this: I knew I had done my job well when the second thing out of his mouth after telling me he got his watch was, "What kind of straps are available? I like the bracelet, but I like leather more, like the [DiModell] strap you have on your Seiko." He actually asked whether or not a zulu strap would work on his Tissot!

Fellas, reel in another one!

How about you? How many friends have you converted/infected to our favorite vice of choice? Tell us a bit, then show us the watch that "pulled them in".

Here's my lovely Tissot PRC200, my weapon of choice. :)

Excellence in Doing Things the Hard Way Since 1980
    Tissot PRC-200 | Seiko SNX427K2 | Seiko SNA029 | Marathon TSAR | Marathon GSAR | Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic | Maratac Pilot | Omega Speedmaster Professional

Re: How Many Friends Have You Converted to WISdom?

None, my friends and family think I'm a fool for wasting my money on more watches than I can wear at one time. Especially considering a 10 dollar Timex, even if having to replace every five years, will still be cheaper in the end than what I spend on a single watch. They don't understand it nor will they, or I, ever. They shouldn't, I'm a moron for this obsession I enable, like all of my other faults, by turning an ignorant eye to rationale. That said, I'm waiting on two more watches I just picked up and am VERY excited! ;D

Thumbs Up Re: How Many Friends Have You Converted to WISdom?

Surely if there ever were a post which exemplified the craziness of what a WIS does or thinks, this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond 'The Box' View Post
    None, my friends and family think I'm a fool for wasting my money on more watches than I can wear at one time. Especially considering a 10 dollar Timex, even if having to replace every five years, will still be cheaper in the end than what I spend on a single watch. They don't understand it nor will they, or I, ever. They shouldn't, I'm a moron for this obsession I enable, like all of my other faults, by turning an ignorant eye to rationale. That said, I'm waiting on two more watches I just picked up and am VERY excited! ;D
    Well said, my friend, well said!
    Excellence in Doing Things the Hard Way Since 1980
    Tissot PRC-200 | Seiko SNX427K2 | Seiko SNA029 | Marathon TSAR | Marathon GSAR | Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic | Maratac Pilot | Omega Speedmaster Professional

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Laughing Re: How Many Friends Have You Converted to WISdom?

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dials View Post
    Surely if there ever were a post which exemplified the craziness of what a WIS does or thinks, this is it.

Well said, my friend, well said!
    I know, it's great isn't it.?.

cheers!

V8

None, either you like watches enough to be here or you don't.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

None. All my friends and relitives are too smart.

-Dave

I did not respond to the initial poll question, but the answer would have been "none". Closest I have come is dealing with a friend who has 3 Chinese "Rolexes". Two of them had bracelet problems which I fixed, but the owner still refuses to buy any genuine watches. Seems to me you either are or you aren't a WIS.

My nephew is a WIS. The rest of our family thinks we're nuts.

Banned

One, kind of. My wife. I can call her my friend, can I not?

None. Like some other posts, relatives & friends think I'm a little obsessed and have too many watches.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information