How many watches do you bring on holiday?
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How many watches do you bring on holiday?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Inactive

Question How many watches do you bring on holiday?

I'm leaving Sunday for a 2 week holiday.
    I own close to 20 watches now, and I got myself a nice watch roll to bring a few watches.
    I think I will bring 5 watches for this 2 week holiday, 2 extra straps and 2 watch tools. But I'm scared to lose/damage the watches.

This is my setup for now:

Please let me know how many watches you would bring on a 2 week holiday.

Thanks in advance ;)

Edit, for people who dont feel like reading through the entire thread, this is what I've decided to bring:

Last edited by Martin18; August 2nd, 2014 at 16:58.

Re: How many watches do you bring on holiday?

Last time I went on a two week holiday I brought two. My beater digital (to beat) and my Timex (to beat and then go to a semi-formal thing later). We were mainly sightseeing in a very humid and hot area with a LOT of opportunity to damage the watches, so I did not really care to bring anything fancy. Plus I didn't want to wear anything to mark me as having money. So I guess it would depend on where I'm going. The next place I'm going is Seattle. I'm probably going to bring my Hamilton and Longines for that one, as that I have some formal things to do. But at the most I will bring 3.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Swatch | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |
    On deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 8 Dark Side of the Moon |
    Waiting to be on deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary |

J.W. likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I usually carry around 3 watches in a carry case. If I'm only away for a weekend it will be less. I never take more then 3 because in life any thing can happen such as your watches being stolen.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead123 View Post
    Last time I went on a two week holiday I brought two. My beater digital (to beat) and my Timex (to beat and then go to a semi-formal thing later). We were mainly sightseeing in a very humid and hot area with a LOT of opportunity to damage the watches, so I did not really care to bring anything fancy. Plus I didn't want to wear anything to mark me as having money. So I guess it would depend on where I'm going. The next place I'm going is Seattle. I'm probably going to bring my Hamilton and Longines for that one, as that I have some formal things to do. But at the most I will bring 3.

Thanks for your reply. I'm just visiting a few cities, so I will most likely not bring anything too fancy. I will stick with 3 I guess.

Thank you sir, I didnt see that poll :)
    Last edited by Martin18; August 1st, 2014 at 17:56.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Budabear View Post
    I usually carry around 3 watches in a carry case. If I'm only away for a weekend it will be less. I never take more then 3 because in life any thing can happen such as your watches being stolen.
    Thats indeed where I'm most scared about. Thanks for the reply, I think I will go with 2 in the roll, and one on the wrist.

Just got back Sunday from a two week holiday in France & Spain. I always bring only one watch - Of low value so I'm not upset if I lose it or it gets stolen. I wore my Zodiac Sea Dragon chrono:

Name:  PB101407.JPG
Views: 437
Size:  112.6 KB
    Last edited by Squirrelly; August 1st, 2014 at 20:33.

Vulcain Nautique 1st Swiss/1967 * Seiko 5 SpeedTimer 1st Auto Chrono, from Tokyo Ginza/1969 * Handful of Seiko Quartz Chronos * Heuer Re-issue 1964 Pre-TAG Carrera chrono * TAG Heuer "Carrera" Chrono * Omega "Speedmaster" Chrono * Baume & Mercier Formula S Chrono * Zenith "El Primero" HW Chrono * Mühle Glashütte Nautische Chrono * Sinn 903ST “Navitimer” Chrono * Techné SparrowHawk II Chrono * Alpina Startimer Big-Date Chrono * Zodiac Sea Dragon chrono * (2) Victorinox "Infantry Vintage" Chronos (Silver/Green) * Junkers "G38" chrono * Hamilton Pioneer Khaki chrono * Bulova Marine Star Chrono/Diver * Breitling Chronospace chrono * Dan Henry 1939 chrono * Fortuna chrono * Delbana "Silverstone" chrono * Ball Fireman "Storm Chaser" chrono * William L. chrono * Junghans Meister Telemeter Chronoscope *

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelly View Post
    Just got back Sunday from a two week holiday in France & Spain. I always bring only one watch - Of low value so I'm not upset if I loose it or it gets stolen. I wore my Zodiac Sea Dragon chrono:
    Multiple straps? Or just one strap, one watch?
    It will obviously be the smart choice just to bring one, but I just like to have a few watches with me.

Nice. I'm sort of a light traveler though, so its the watch on my wrist - unless there's a formal dress-up occasion in which case I bring a dress watch my reading glass case.

My gf though.. the accessories she brings along you would think she was setting up a sidewalk store and selling them!

OT.. I broke a rib once carrying her luggage

Whenever I go away, be it for 2 days or 2 weeks, I take 2 watches with me. The rest of the boys stay at home.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information