How much slack to give in a watch's sizing?

Thread: How much slack to give in a watch's sizing?

How much slack to give in a watch's sizing?

I'm ordering a watch online and this particular retailer offers free sizing for their watches before sending them out.

I measured my wrist and it is 6.5 inches in diameter.

My question is, generally speaking, what size would I want to specify as a result?

I don't want it to be super loose so it slides around a bunch, just relaxed with a bit of room to breathe but still stays in place pretty well. I was thinking 6 3/4th inches? Or would I want an extra half inch generally?

Thank you

Re: How much slack to give in a watch's sizing?

Quote Originally Posted by aceproceed View Post
    My question is, generally speaking, what size would I want to specify as a result?
    Thank you
    To get it fairly comfortable but without excessive slack, you should be able to just get a finger under the strap or bracelet so, if you put a finger on your wrist and then get someone, who doesn't think you're going mad, to measure around your wrist and finger combined, then you should be about bang on !
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

Quote Originally Posted by aceproceed View Post
    I'm ordering a watch online and this particular retailer offers free sizing for their watches before sending them out.
    I think Artistmike's advice is good, but it also comes down to personal preference. Another thing to keep in mind is most watches cannot be returned after they are sized, so check the return policy. Sizing a watch is not hard....I can even do it with my ten thumbs. You can do it yourself, or take it to a jeweler for a small fee (or free if you have a good relationship with them). If you are careful, you can use tools you have, or purchase inexpensive sizing tools.

Rick

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Keep in mind, this time of year, because of the cold, if you go too tight, it'll be very tight come summer. Is this a bracelet?
    Greetings from that Island they call Long!

Thread Information