How to Program an LCD Module

Thread: How to Program an LCD Module

How to Program an LCD Module

Hello, Can anyone here direct me where to learn about the harware and software needed to program the typical LCD watch modules? I am trying to get a prototype built for a watch idea I have with different funtions when the buttons are pressed on the watch. For example, there is a watch available at sporting goods stores now that tracks the Home & Visitor's pitch counts for baseball. The watch I want to make would do a similar function but would track more information. Thank you.

stuffler,mike

Re: How to Program an LCD Module

No clue; but moved your post to the right forum.

Quote Originally Posted by thudson1961 View Post
    Hello, Can anyone here direct me where to learn about the harware and software needed to program the typical LCD watch modules? I am trying to get a prototype built for a watch idea I have with different funtions when the buttons are pressed on the watch. For example, there is a watch available at sporting goods stores now that tracks the Home & Visitor's pitch counts for baseball. The watch I want to make would do a similar function but would track more information. Thank you.
    Existing watch modules are typically ASIC's (Application Specific Integrated Circuits) and not programmable (more accurately in this case, re-programmable).

Your best bet would be to take your performance requirements to a software house with connections to a chip prototyper. That would get you the logic you want on a chip.

You would still be faced with the challenge of integrating that with a display, a power supply and the necessary hardware (e.g. buttons) to make it all work.

Then you'd have to stick it all in a case that resembles a watch.

Bottom line - it would be a very expensive project requiring a lot of specialized expertise and custom manufacturing capabilities.

Not something someone outside the industry could accomplish.

Sorry
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

The idea was talked about here not so long ago:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=250215

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

if you're serious about it, i'd create a fully-realized emulation of the design in flash, document the concept as your original creation, and market the concept to a couple digital watch manufacturers. definitely get some legal advice along the way. good luck.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Thread Information