How to remove watch bezel?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jcar79

Thread: How to remove watch bezel?

How to remove watch bezel?

I have a watch that I'm trying to remove the rotating bezel from. All of the YouTube videos show them popping off quite easily with a watch case knife, which I have. However, I have been trying and trying and I think I even bent it a bit and it won't come off. It lifts up a tiny bit but it won't pop off. Any suggestions?

Re: How to remove watch bezel?

It may help to know what kind of watch you have. I've had success removing rotating bezels with a plastic putty knife.
    Pallet Spoon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jcar79 View Post
    It may help to know what kind of watch you have. I've had success removing rotating bezels with a plastic putty knife.
    It is an Armand Nicolet S05 which has a rubberized bezel. If I look into the place where the rubber is bent up, it looks like the bezel protrudes down into the case. I've pried it pretty hard, not sure how much more pressure I can put on it... Is it possible there is some other system to attach the bezel? Everything I've found about removing bezels shows them working the same way (with the exception of something like a breitling bezel with screws).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingMoose View Post
    It is an Armand Nicolet S05 which has a rubberized bezel. If I look into the place where the rubber is bent up, it looks like the bezel protrudes down into the case. I've pried it pretty hard, not sure how much more pressure I can put on it... Is it possible there is some other system to attach the bezel? Everything I've found about removing bezels shows them working the same way (with the exception of something like a breitling bezel with screws).
    I'll have to defer to other forum members with more experience than me. Sorry. I've removed Seiko and Sinn bezels. Both were quite easy. The pliability of the rubber overmold around the bezel would worry me. You may want to consider taking it to a watchmaker.

If it was put on with a clip system and there is no visible screws it should pop off. Ive taken a few off and they can be hard sometimes. I just hope and pray and force it sometimes. If a replacement is available you don't have much to loose. Why are you taking it of anyway?

I'm gonna send it to the manufacturer's recommended watchmaker. Thanks for the help.

Thread Information