How to use timing bezel for 2nd time zone that is behind?
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: How to use timing bezel for 2nd time zone that is behind?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Member MontRoyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    463

    How to use timing bezel for 2nd time zone that is behind?

    I'd like to know how to use a standard dive timing bezel to quickly convert to a time zone that is behind the current time.

    Like let's say I'm currently in a place and I want to know the time of a place that is 6 hours behind. How do I make the conversion quickly with a bezel?

    I've searched for it. But I can only find how to covert if the 2nd time zone is ahead.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Member Wolfsatz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    FDXBG, VA
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: How to use timing bezel for 2nd time zone that is behind?

    check this out:

    "
    I too use my SD to read a 2nd time zone but in a different way!

    I'm currently living in Turks and Caicos which is 5 hours behind home time (UK) so I set 60 on the bezel at 7. As there are 6(0) minutes on the bezel and 12 hours in the day, all I have to do check the time back home is see where the hour is pointing on the bezel and times 2!

    eg with triangle set at 7 when hour hand is at 7 it's 00 (midday/midnight)

    when hour hand is at 11, it points to 20 on the bezel...20 x 2 is 40 therefore 4 o'clock

    when hour hand is at 2, it points to 35 on the bezel...35 x 2 is 70 therefore 7 o'clock

    Sounds complicated but after a couple of times you can read the second time zone instantaneously.
    there are different methods. it just the one that makes it easier for you.
    MontRoyal likes this.
    ... What time is it? ...

  3. #3
    Member yankeexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    32,934

    Re: How to use timing bezel for 2nd time zone that is behind?

    Quote Originally Posted by MontRoyal View Post
    I'd like to know how to use a standard dive timing bezel to quickly convert to a time zone that is behind the current time.

    Like let's say I'm currently in a place and I want to know the time of a place that is 6 hours behind. How do I make the conversion quickly with a bezel?

    I've searched for it. But I can only find how to covert if the 2nd time zone is ahead.
    Turn the bezel so 0 hour is at 6.
    Hour hand x 2 = new time.
    Switch AM to PM or PM to AM.
    Last edited by yankeexpress; July 4th, 2016 at 07:26.
    Wolfsatz and MontRoyal like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Toothbras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
    Posts
    25,258

    Re: How to use timing bezel for 2nd time zone that is behind?

    Steps to finding a solution:

    1. Drive to your local watch dealer

    2. Plug meter

    3. Set bezel so that you don't get a parking ticket

    4. Walk inside, buy a GMT watch

    5. Enjoy your new watch and be happy you had a good excuse to buy a new watch

  6. #5
    Member MontRoyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    463

    Re: How to use timing bezel for 2nd time zone that is behind?

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothbras View Post
    Steps to finding a solution:

    1. Drive to your local watch dealer

    2. Plug meter

    3. Set bezel so that you don't get a parking ticket

    4. Walk inside, buy a GMT watch

    5. Enjoy your new watch and be happy you had a good excuse to buy a new watch
    Hahahahaha. Maybe you're onto something....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Member MontRoyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    463

    Re: How to use timing bezel for 2nd time zone that is behind?

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    Turn the bezel so 0 hour is at 6.
    Hour hand x 2 = new time.
    Switch AM to PM or PM to AM.
    Okay I figured it out now. Thank you!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Member bipyjamas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    526

    Re: How to use timing bezel for 2nd time zone that is behind?

    You can also divide the bezel minute marker that the hour hand is pointing at by 5. eg Hour hand is pointing at 35 means 35/5=7oclock.
    parv likes this.

  9. #8
    Member bobo90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Doha, Qatar
    Posts
    780

    Re: How to use timing bezel for 2nd time zone that is behind?

    Nice I just learnt something new!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Member Likestheshiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,462

    Re: How to use timing bezel for 2nd time zone that is behind?

    Hour hand x 2 = new time.
    The problem is, once you're doing basic math to read the bezel, you could be doing the same basic math in your head to get the answer just as easily.
    mleok likes this.

  11. #10
    Member BrentYYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California
    Posts
    5,850

    Re: How to use timing bezel for 2nd time zone that is behind?

    Quote Originally Posted by Likestheshiny View Post
    The problem is, once you're doing basic math to read the bezel, you could be doing the same basic math in your head to get the answer just as easily.
    Or easier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Countdown Bezel plus 2nd Time Zone
      By mountain runner in forum Pilots' & Military watches
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: March 26th, 2016, 06:40
    2. FS: Victorinox Swiss Army Infantry 2nd Time Zone 24799 Dual Time GMT Travel Watch
      By DC guy in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: October 20th, 2015, 20:53
    3. Replies: 1
      Last Post: August 12th, 2014, 00:54
    4. Replies: 0
      Last Post: May 26th, 2010, 18:30
    5. Anybody use their dive bezel to track a 2nd time zone?
      By corruptor in forum Dive watches
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: November 13th, 2008, 06:14

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •