How usefull is your Riseman

Thread: How usefull is your Riseman

How usefull is your Riseman

Hi guys,

Well I bought a G-Shock Riseman a while back. Its a cool watch, but Ill admit I bought it cause I liked the idea of having an altimeter (*DISCLAIMER * im not a pilot or mountainclimber). Anyways since then Ive actually used most of the features

Timer. at home for for pasta and BBQ. at work, to make sure bone cement is still workable.
    Stopwatch. at work for measuring hardening time of different bone cements.
    Altimeter: This one hasnt gotten any legitimate use but I do know that my floor is about 60 ft above ground level and I like to watch the altitude change when im riding alone on the elevator
    World Time: I had to call someone in L.A (watch purchase related) so I had to wait till they opened and then till the manager came back from lunch
    Barometer: a friend was having a birthday party for his daughter the other day, it was going to be outdoors and they wanted to know if it was going to rain.....It was dark windy and cloudy but the barometric pressure was about 30.25 inHg so I said nahh it wont rain for a while...and it didnt they had the party and it only started raining afterwards...(the pressure dropped)
    Alarm : not very loud but It lets me know when Im about to be late to work so I start hauling (gluteus)
    Atomic time: set the punch in clock at work.

How have your G's been usefull?

Re: How usefull is your Riseman

on a trip with my family(daughter and niece) to dutch wonderland it gave a huge clue when to leave the park and head for the hotel. we stayed dry while other patrons got soaked. i thought that was cool. it has become one of the pieces i take on any vaca.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

Well, aside from telling the time, I'm rather surprised by how much I use the barometer. I keep trying to tell when it is going to rain and it helps a great deal. Yeah the Riseman is my daily wearer right now, always charged up, always right time, always correct date, what's not to love?
    Tianjin Jun Shi 天津君士潛海計時儀器 Military Diver
    Orient オリエント時計
    Blue TT Diver 2ER00004D
    Sea-Gull 海鷗手錶 Chrono 1963 Chinese Air Force Re-issue
    Casio カシオ G-Shock Riseman Solar Multi-band 6 GW9200-1
    Casio カシオ G-Shock White Solar Multi-band 6 GWM850-7CR
    Yes Watch The Kundalini L102.4
    Yes Watch The Cozmo Symbol #K501
    Seiko セイコー Men's SS Silver Dial SGF459
    Seiko セイコー Military Chronograph SDWB63P

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not too useful. Took it on board a plane but the altimeter didn't give the right reading 'cos of cabin pressure i suppose.

Barometer rose but it rained.

It's still a nice watch to have though.

Quote Originally Posted by niles316 View Post
    Not too useful. Took it on board a plane but the altimeter didn't give the right reading 'cos of cabin pressure i suppose.

Barometer rose but it rained.
    Of course the cabin pressurization will not allow the watch to show that you are at 30,000 feet, plus I've heard to be most accurate you will probably need to calibrate it. The manual talks about that.

As for baro and raining, sometimes the baro will go up and it will rain. Their are many factors that determine when it will precipitate, and the barometric pressure is just one of them, so yes that happens, not the watch's fault, just how meteorology works. There are a couple of good threads around here somewhere that talk about that.
    Tianjin Jun Shi 天津君士潛海計時儀器 Military Diver
    Orient オリエント時計
    Blue TT Diver 2ER00004D
    Sea-Gull 海鷗手錶 Chrono 1963 Chinese Air Force Re-issue
    Casio カシオ G-Shock Riseman Solar Multi-band 6 GW9200-1
    Casio カシオ G-Shock White Solar Multi-band 6 GWM850-7CR
    Yes Watch The Kundalini L102.4
    Yes Watch The Cozmo Symbol #K501
    Seiko セイコー Men's SS Silver Dial SGF459
    Seiko セイコー Military Chronograph SDWB63P

Banned

As as been said,knowing when it is going to rain is useful at times.

My Riseman is my hiking watch. I like to know how high I've walked, times, etc. I can't imagine a better watch for outdoor activities, except maybe a Casio with a compass.

Quote Originally Posted by jason_recliner View Post
    I can't imagine a better watch for outdoor activities, except maybe a Casio with a compass.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...iseman+compass
    BAM problem solved.
    "...[A] watch isn’t about telling the time, it is about your relationship with time. A watch is about style, a story and the history of both your watch and your own life."
    -Askmen.com's The Watch Snob

The atomic function of my Riseman is the single most used 'complication' in all of my watches. Before I strap on any other of my watches I always check the Riseman so that I can set them to exactly the right time. All of the other functions of the Riseman are purely gimmicks to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DSLAM View Post
    Of course the cabin pressurization will not allow the watch to show that you are at 30,000 feet, plus I've heard to be most accurate you will probably need to calibrate it. The manual talks about that.

As for baro and raining, sometimes the baro will go up and it will rain. Their are many factors that determine when it will precipitate, and the barometric pressure is just one of them, so yes that happens, not the watch's fault, just how meteorology works. There are a couple of good threads around here somewhere that talk about that.
    Yup..not blaming the watch. Just saying it as it is.

Thread Information