How Well Do an Automatic Handle Jogging? - Page 4
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: How Well Do an Automatic Handle Jogging?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: How Well Do an Automatic Handle Jogging?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monocle View Post
    I usually do HIIT by running hills or bleachers and the way I move my arms when doing so would probably not be the best way to treat an auto. I stick to a digital G-Shock for any kind of hard exercise. The ability to run a couple of stopwatches and/or a CDT at the same time has become part of my workout after years.

The health debate here looks like a lot of fun. It's always cool to see a forum deal with something other than its raison d'ętre. For those of you who think we aren't meant to run, you might be interested to know that there's a competing theory that long-distance running and walking are pretty much the entire secret of H. sapiens' success. Persistence hunting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Tell that to the two people who just died during the Philadelphia Marathon and the ten others who were hospitalized. Dying running a marathon is the second dumbest way to die, during Black Friday shopping is the first.

Now that's not saying I never run anywhere. I do a little bit of jogging and biking, but the long distance thing is ridiculous. People's toenails fall off doing that. Oh, and they die.
    Last edited by Raza; November 29th, 2011 at 04:56.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Watchalex View Post
    Ooooh, I need one of those. Do tell where to purchase, please. ;)
    Depends on whether you get the genuine Swiss version or a Chinese fake off E-bay.
    Owner of a bunch of cool watches.

Banned

I think you might be right, LM. I mean, those pesky wildebeast are smart as hell!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Tell that to the two people who just died during the Philadelphia Marathon and the ten others who were hospitalized. Dying running a marathon is the second dumbest way to die, during Black Friday shopping is the first.

Now that's not saying I never run anywhere. I do a little bit of jogging and biking, but the long distance thing is ridiculous. People's toenails fall off doing that. Oh, and they die.
    I'd put dying on the couch with Cheeto stains on your fingers ahead of both of those.
    Metlin and fasthandssam like this.
    Guys, I really really really do understand that there was a hack and that my password was reset, but I'm about to take a year off from WUS if you can't stop telling me about it every time I log in. With my password. That you reset.

I'd put dying on the couch with Cheeto stains on your fingers ahead of both of those.
    At least that person died comfortably and relaxed.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

I can't believe that someone is actually arguing that not excersizing is somehow better or more desirable than excersizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    At least that person died comfortably and relaxed.
    Cheetoman's resting heartrate probably exceeds mine when jogging. Is that relaxed? I feel terrible on the couch and great in the ring. Probably picked up a new scar tonight.

I learned a little while ago that the more you put into life the more you get out of it. The good news is anyone who can be talked into not exercising so easily wasn't in any danger of running marathons anyway.
    fasthandssam and Christian619 like this.
    Guys, I really really really do understand that there was a hack and that my password was reset, but I'm about to take a year off from WUS if you can't stop telling me about it every time I log in. With my password. That you reset.

I wear my Omega 2254 on the treadmill quite often. It's still running fine. Just make sure you rinse it off after to get rid of any sweat smells.

As far as I know, the only sport that automatic/manual winding watches shouldn't be subjected to is golf. Apparently that sport will kill an automatic/manual winding watch fast.

I go for a run on most mornings, and I almost always wear my Seiko Pepsi. I did it with my old Pepsi for about 5 years, until I lost it, and I've done it with my new one for about a year now. So far, I've had no problems whatsoever, and it still continues to keep excellent time.

My wife and I usually take our dogs, and they love running along the water. My watch has taken one hell of a beating with sand, water, throwing frisbees at the water, and running, and still keeps going strong.
    Last edited by Metlin; December 1st, 2011 at 20:28.

I usually do HIIT by running hills or bleachers and the way I move my arms when doing so would probably not be the best way to treat an auto. I stick to a digital G-Shock for any kind of hard exercise. The ability to run a couple of stopwatches and/or a CDT at the same time has become part of my workout after years.

The health debate here looks like a lot of fun. It's always cool to see a forum deal with something other than its raison d'ętre. For those of you who think we aren't meant to run, you might be interested to know that there's a competing theory that long-distance running and walking are pretty much the entire secret of H. sapiens' success. Persistence hunting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Off topic, but have you read Christopher McDougall's Born to Run? Excellent book!

I used to love long distance running and rock climbing, until I had a terrible heel injury. The worst part? I had to wear some ugly looking rubber-soled dress shoes.

These days, I just stick to P90X, swimming, and morning runs. Still, I love HIIT -- it is one of the most underrated workouts. Few workouts surpass the rush from a good hour of HIIT.
    Last edited by Metlin; December 1st, 2011 at 20:33.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information