How in the world do you adjust a deployant?

Thread: How in the world do you adjust a deployant?

How in the world do you adjust a deployant?

Edit - just got it...seems like you just pry it up...against the arrow. Still would like to know how to swap out the strap.

So I just got my Hamilton Jazzmaster Maestro in the mail - beautiful! But the strap is about 1 hole too big...how in the world do you adjust it? It's got a deployant on it (standard Hamilton one) and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to adjust the size on it. I've been playing with it for nearly 20 minutes now and I haven't managed to figure it out. I would be very grateful if someone could provide instructions (pictures would be incredible). There are markings underneath the buckle with arrows and the word "Open" but no matter which way I try to pry it it won't open up. I'm terrified of using too much force as I would hate to break my (expensive for me) new watch.

On another note, does anyone know how to replace the strap? I also got a brown strap to go with the watch and would like to know how to swap them out. Thanks!
    Last edited by Eric1285; March 24th, 2009 at 01:18.

Re: How in the world do you adjust a deployant?

When you have the deployant open - take the piece with an 'H' on it (on the side with the holes) and pull it open. The piece on top is hinged with the piece on the bottom. The bottom piece attached to the rest of the deployant should open on the attached side - once you hinge it open, you can slide it to the desired hole.

You can do this from the top side too by pulling the 'H' piece open towards the case - remembering it hinges on the bottom piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1285 View Post
    Still would like to know how to swap out the strap.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtPde-M5Xz0

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidj View Post
    Thanks! I actually decided to stop being lazy/stupid and do a search. Found lots of good information...looks like I'll have to pick up a spring bar tool. The strap on my watch is incredibly stiff and there's hardly any space in between it and lug. I tried getting a toothpick in there but it was way too big. I just cut my fingernails, so those don't work either. I may try catching the shoulder of the spring bar with a piece of thread or something, but I should probably just order the tool.

I noticed that the previous owner scratched up two of the lugs already...good thing I'm handy with a bit of polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    When you have the deployant open - take the piece with an 'H' on it (on the side with the holes) and pull it open. The piece on top is hinged with the piece on the bottom. The bottom piece attached to the rest of the deployant should open on the attached side - once you hinge it open, you can slide it to the desired hole.

You can do this from the top side too by pulling the 'H' piece open towards the case - remembering it hinges on the bottom piece.
    I was assuming he meant the butterfly type.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post

Thanks for the reply. I got confused because of the arrows - apparently you're supposed to flip from the point where they're marked, and not slide/flip in the direction they point.

Thread Information