How would one go about bringing a watch concept(s) to life??

Thread: How would one go about bringing a watch concept(s) to life??

How would one go about bringing a watch concept(s) to life??

I was looking at some watches the other day and almost out of nowhere I had an idea for a watch which has manifested itself into a whole bunch of watch design/concepts. I know what you're all probably thinking and I don't know how many times this has actually been brought up but I'm onto something. Being creative by nature and a constant thinker (or rather over-thinker), I always have ideas, but rarely do they lead to an urge to materialize them. Once in a while though it's like a little lighbulb comes on over my head and it causes a chain reaction. Now I'm clouded with all of these concepts that I really want to bring to life and I know if I don't, within the next 100 years someone else will. Has anyone ever worked with a watch company before as a type of subcontracted designer. What are my options other than having to start an entire company from the ground up, which is just way too much work. I'm also very reluctant to present them due to the fact that they could so easily be stolen and I doubt I could get a patent. Does anyone have any ideas?

Banned

Re: How would one go about bringing a watch concept(s) to life??

To have your idea stolen, that is just what happened to me some years ago! A world famous market leading Swedish implant company nicked one of my ideas. They acnowledged it when confronted by my lawyer, and also pointed out I had no patent! First I would put the plans/ideas/drawings on a piece of paper, have a lawyer attest them with a date, then I would aproach a small manufacturer, make them sign a document that they acnowledge that the ideas are yours.and that they will not steal/copy it. BUT I am not a lawyer, maybe there is one hiding out there on WUS?

There is a WUS member, Triton, that may be of some guidance.
    He does design work for DeBaufre I believe.
    Good luck!
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Ever been to our sub forum "Watch Designs" ?

Thread Information