How would you handle this?
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: How would you handle this?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

How would you handle this?

What to do if you follow all the guideline(shipping outside the CONUS)and then it seems to be lost? You are given a tracking number and it makes it to the buyers customs then it is out if your hands? At this point is it up to the seller for any reimbursement if the buyers customs can not locate it?
    I enjoy this forum and have learned alot and in no way would I ever try and be dishonest. I do not like the fact that I have had all positive transactions on the WUS site and a customs office could ruin a reputation.

Re: How would you handle this?

Unless otherwise agreed upon, the responsibility of the seller is to deliver the watch to the buyer. Period.

If that duty cannot be completed for whatever reason, then a refund should be issued to the buyer after a reasonable wait period. Packages show up sometimes after 10-15 days out of the blue. It has happened to me.

EDIT: Keep in mind that insurance will reimburse the sender if the package is lost. If the seller did not take insurance because they wanted to save money, the buyer should have been informed and both parties should agree on the consequences if something happens. If the buyer was not informed, the seller assumes responsibility.
    Last edited by lmcgbaj; October 7th, 2013 at 23:00.
    pyiyha likes this.

Inactive

At some point(s) during international shipping, it's like when the guys went behind the moon

.....Then suddenly you can see it again

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Depends on the customs and the country..in my country,the customs can take up to 2 months...maybe 3-4 months if you send the items during ramadhan period....
    Vakane and Kittysafe like this.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Since the watch has not made it to the door of the buyer the responsibility is completely yours. After some time ( a fortnight) a refund is indicated.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Tracking shows that it made it to the buyers customs. How is it the sellers responsibility at this point? Once it shows at a customs office the seller is out of the loop. It now is in the hands of the customs office. I have tried numerous times to get some information and keep hitting a wall. The customs office basically told me that I can not get anymore info.

Inactive

I do not like the fact that I have had all positive transactions on the WUS site and a customs office could ruin a reputation.
    How on earth is this gonna "ruin a reputation" ??

It's part of the process , both parties need to sit tight , recipient will get a card/call/email.
    If the parcel is subsequently found to be lost (pardon the pun ) , then shipping insurance will cover the loss (or hopefully it will if suitable insurance was organised)
    Kittysafe likes this.

I clearly stated that the buyer would pay for the international shipping and the price was agreed upon without insurance. Buyer did not want to spend the extra money. Buyer was aware of what it would take to protect the shipment.
    I am going to sit tight and keep in contact with the buyer and see what happens. I will do my best to make things right.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by rwe416 View Post
    the price was agreed upon without insurance. Buyer did not want to spend the extra money.
    The seller (you) should have insisted to cover himself (yourself), but the buyer is equally at fault.(in my book)

sit tight
    This will almost certainly work out, but **** happens, and the buyer should be prepared for that

If the buyer declined insurance to save money then it's his fault if the package got lost. You're absolutely correct, it's out of your hands now.
    Tsujigiri, MZhammer and Robotaz like this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information