How would your family handle it?
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: How would your family handle it?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

How would your family handle it?

If you died, would your loved ones know what to do with your Collection/investment or would they screw it up?
    Last edited by geoffbot; January 8th, 2013 at 10:44.

Banned

Re: How would your family handle it?

I think my wife would keep them as a memento, or give them to close family members. Or she'd completely screw it up by selling them!!
    copperjohn likes this.

As much as I love my watches, I will not taking any of them with me. The worst they can do is leave them with me underground.
    Much rather my family keep them and pass on or give them away to my friends who love watches.
    myke, Sextant, VoltesV and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would make sure it is specified in my will as to who gets them. I dont really care if they are sold on or not (after all I wont know about it) but certain family members have much more appreciation for the quality (well some of them anyway) of the timepieces I own than others. In fact your post is a great reminder.....!

Banned

My wife would know.

Banned

Btw, it is not "If you died" but " When you die"!!

Nobody ecapes the Reaper.

This question was brought up to me by a friend just last week and it got me thinking that my family (mom and brother) would not have a clue about what to do with my watches and coins/collectibles. So I've decided to take photo's and write proper descriptions of everything with instructions on how to list on auction sites and include approximate current market values.
    Every Day Above Ground Is A Good Day- Mel Bernstein

Well I have two sons, a two yo and a four yo so I am sure my wife will keep them for my boys. The two yo is already showing some interest in my pieces, the older one not so much. But I am thinking of leaving instructions for my wife to give my best mate a pick of the bunch if I was to go way before my time.
    cheers,Mike
    Chronographe Suisse 18k Rose gold, Citizen NH6934-08FB "Autozilla"SOLD, JaegerLeCoultre Master Calendar, Omega: WWII 30T2, Constellation "C" 168.0019SSOLD, Speedmaster "Mark4.5" 176.0012SOLD, Rolex Submariner 16610 STOLEN serial Y862966, Seiko: 6138-0011 "UFO" Speedtimer, 6138-0040 "Bullhead" Speedtimer, 7016-5001 "Monaco", SKX007J Diver 200m, SAEH007 Ananta Chronograph, SBBN013 "Darth Tuna" Marinemaster,SBBN015 Tuna, Steinhart Racetimer brownSOLD, Titoni: Cosmo King Day/date, Airmaster
    Grail: Mint, unpolished Seiko 6138-0040 "Bullhead" Speedtimer 5 Sport UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/gra...ad-944573.html

Watches............the only place where COMPLICATIONS are a GOOD THING!!

My collection isn't big enough to screw up. She needs to give Speedy and Sub to our son, other than that I leave it up to her judgement.

My collection may be complete, but it is never completed

Collection: Rolex Submariner 116610; Seikos Orange Monster, Black Monster, 007 (X2) 009, SRPB53, SPB079, and SRP775; Hamiltons Khaki 42mm and Khaki King; Halios Laguna; 2012 WUS CMW Forum Dual Crown Project Watch; Invicta Pro Diver 8926OB; Casio Pathfinder PAG40; G-Shock GD350, GW7900B-1, DW9052-1BCG. GMW5610-1, DW5600, DW5600CMB-1, DW5900, GW-9400-1CR; Orients Star Classic and 2ER; Some other stuff.

Banned

Currently my instructions upon death are to auction all property, vehicles and personal effects and to give the proceeds to a charity that I am involved with. Should I ever have children this will change, though I feel quite strongly that my bloodline should end with me.

I have not yet given up hope that science will allow me to live forever.
    Last edited by Lee Jones Jnr; January 8th, 2013 at 15:29.
    JMO and UMAD like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information