Is the huge-watch era slowly fading?

View Poll Results: Is the huge-watch era slowly fading?

Voters
191. This poll is closed
  • Yes, slowly

55 28.80%
  • No, don't think so..

97 50.79%
  • I couldn't care less..

39 20.42%

Thread: Is the huge-watch era slowly fading?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Question Is the huge-watch era slowly fading?

I kind of feel that huge watch era has reached its zenith an is beginning its downfall. Correct me if I'm wrong; perhaps it has to do something with my personal affiliations but I couldn't ever think I would like 30-35 mm dress watches nor I would wear anything below 42mm..

I feel however, something is changing. Would you agree or am I wrong?

ˇ40 mm radiomir

Last edited by diaboliq; November 18th, 2009 at 14:32.

LUW

Re: Is the huge-watch era slowly fading?

Don't think it's going away yet.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

N 32 deg, 47' 27.9168"; W 79 deg, 54' 30.3372"

While it may have reached its zenith, simply because they cannot get bigger than they currently are without looking like pie pan on even the largest human being.

But, as the wrist watch has moved into the realm of jewelry for men, and even if current style and fashion move away from big watches, there will always be a "bigger is better (better so you can see it)" crowd. They will always be with us.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think the big-watch fad is on the down hill as well. But I'm sure that just like most fashion trends, it will be in 5-10 years...

beshannon

I don't think so but then again it does not matter to me.

There are still plenty of watches to own that fit well on my wrist.

This view is similar to complaining about the size of SUV's. If you don't want/need one, why does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by beshannon View Post

This view is similar to complaining about the size of SUV's. If you don't want/need one, why does it matter?

Nobody says it matters; this is based on public opinion anyway.
    I know I hate 50mm watches and I feel most comfortable with 42-43. I have put this poll here while most of my colleagues are still after huge watches (and I mean the bigger the better, no matter which brand nor movement)

The era of huge people is dawning.
    I'm proudly in the vanguard.
    Pass the gravy please.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Unfortunately I would have to say yes.

Computers, phones, PDA's, and god knows what else are slowly killing off the wrist watch in my opinion. As a 17 year old I have to admit I am part of this 'destructive' era.

What I have found amongst people my age is a lack of need , people my age simply do not see why a watch is required when your average teenager has at almost 100% of their time either an Ipod, Phone, Mp3, ect ect in their pockets.

Ive found in my age group the only watches that appear are 'fashion' brands, the likes of billabong, quicksilver, guess, Jag, armani. Never would anyone consider a watch that actually needs wearing consistently or winding, whats the point? A auto watch serves no extra purpose, both tell the time, infact a quartz is actually more accurate. Why bother??

- Now I have to say, by no means do I agree with these stereotypes, Personally I have a love affair with watches, and am sure that it will continue throughout my life but needless to say we are in the "electronic/computer" era

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lysanderxiii View Post
    While it may have reached its zenith, simply because they cannot get bigger than they currently are without looking like pie pan on even the largest human being.

But, as the wrist watch has moved into the realm of jewelry for men, and even if current style and fashion move away from big watches, there will always be a "bigger is better (better so you can see it)" crowd. They will always be with us.
    You ain't kidding. I have to bite my tongue every time I see a 20-something with a watch so freakin' huge the lugs overhang his wrist and the bracelet or strap has to V inwards. I call "bigger is better" the peacock syndrome - make everything as big and flashy as you can so you get noticed!

Quote Originally Posted by beshannon View Post

Yep, 100% accurate. Except the tank sized SUV's block the vision of other drivers around them. I have yet to see a watch so large it restricts my vision (but then again, I don't hang out with rappers so maybe they do exist). I'll stay with my conservative size gentlemen's watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    The era of huge people is dawning.
    I'm proudly in the vanguard.
    Pass the gravy please.
    There's a good argument for the other side. Could I supersize my order of gravy covered cheetos? Treadmill, schedmill - what's the point of all that walking when you don't get anywhere? ...and who want to do sit-ups anyway?

I sure hope not. But even if so, I have a feeling these things are cyclical in nature...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information