I’d like your opinion on the aesthetics of these “off-brand” considerations - Page 8
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: I’d like your opinion on the aesthetics of these “off-brand” considerations

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: I’d like your opinion on the aesthetics of these “off-brand” considerations

I like all except the first two. I don't care for the color of the indices on #1, and the face full of roman numerals on #2 is too busy for my taste.
    Zeroedout likes this.

Third Marvin, my favorite dial/hands combination of your options
    Zeroedout likes this.
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

I've owned a couple of Marvin's and they are very nicely made. The casework is exceptional and will likely outdo whatever Manjazhands puts out :p . Photos number 2 and 3 in your series shows the classic Marvin case. The other is more generic. Personally I wear a lot of sport coats and button down shirts to work and think any of them at 42mm would be right at home.

This silver one I sold even with quite a bit of wear. I had put it through a lot but it still looked good ...

Slm643 and Zeroedout like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like the following, in order of preference: 3, 2, 1, 5, 4. Good luck with your decision.
    Zeroedout likes this.

I'm not a fan of Roman numerals on a wrist watch. The last one has a very interesting case shape, definitely the most appealing to me.
    Zeroedout and Dan T. like this.

The First Marvin gets my vote. Beautiful, simple design, very elegant!! Perfect Dress watch. What is the price tag?
    Zeroedout likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dub82 View Post
    The First Marvin gets my vote. Beautiful, simple design, very elegant!! Perfect Dress watch. What is the price tag?
    I believe it’s $489 at Touch of Modern, which is why I was tempted.....but the sale ends tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSeikoFan View Post
    But we don't have too many female members though, right?
    We don't, but just think what would happen if more of us discussed Manjaz. The membership number would rise substantially. Just looking at the Manjaz gets me quite excited, and I even showed it to my wife, who originally thought it was a bit too 'utilitarian,' but after warming up to it for a while, can't get enough of the Manjaz. The other day she grabbed a microfiber cloth and came over to my collection, wanting to rub the case of my Manjaz without even asking - usually it requires coaxing her to help with the collection, but with a Manjaz in hand, I can't get her to stop helping. It's great.

All I'm saying is membership would increase - both male and female - if more WIS saw the potential of owning a Manjaz.
    Zeroedout and Soundhunter like this.
    "I think I may make bold to say, that there is neither any other Mechanical or Mathematical thing in the World that is more beautiful or curious in texture than this my watch or Timekeeper for the Longitude..." ~John Harrison F.R.S., 1759

My WIS Confessions

Dan T, you are hilarious. Surely someone else has picked up on what this guy has been doing throughout the thread?

Btw OP I would also wait to see what the wife gets you before deciding, but I liked your option no. 1.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Zeroedout likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallet Spoon View Post
    I've owned a couple of Marvin's and they are very nicely made. The casework is exceptional and will likely outdo whatever Manjazhands puts out :p . Photos number 2 and 3 in your series shows the classic Marvin case. The other is more generic. Personally I wear a lot of sport coats and button down shirts to work and think any of them at 42mm would be right at home.

This silver one I sold even with quite a bit of wear. I had put it through a lot but it still looked good ...

Their Malton line seems really nice, and the cushions look beautiful. I’m happy to hear you liked the ones you had, because after I put this temporary dress-watch thing to bed I’ll probably revisit Marvin. Seems like they’ve dropped msrp across the board on their website. A good portion of their mechanical lineup is sub $1K (retail, on their site). For an SW200 based watch from an established brand, they’re very attractive to me. I just wish more US GMs had access to them.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information