I almost fell over in shock!
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: I almost fell over in shock!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My wife and I were walking over the Ponte Vecchio in Florence yesterday when she made a b-line for a watch store. It had Omegas and other nice watches in the windows. I thought to myself, "She's gonna lose her mind again when she sees how much they cost." Instead, she pointed at an Omega DeVille Prestige Co-Axial and said, "I'd like to try it on." I told her it'll cost at least $3K, but she didn't blink. Instead, she opened the door and went in.

I just stood there in shock. For years she has given me grief about watches and how much they cost. I bought her a nice Hamilton auto for a grad present when she finished her MA. And it was like a gateway drug... LOL. Now she wants an Omega. We can't buy it until we can afford it, but she's actually serious. I'm happy now because I can buy my Rolex no date Sub, finally (finances willing).

Oh, it's so liberating to have a wife who is also a WIS... I explained to her what WIS means. She loves it and took it as a compliment. It's like I just won the watch nerd lottery of life.
    JohnF, ari.seoul, eliz and 10 others like this.
    COLLECTION

CURRENT - Rolex 14060M | Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50 Mitsukoshi Panda | Omega Speedmaster 3590.50 | Omega Seamaster 300 Cal. 552 | Seiko SBDX001 Marine Master 300 |Seiko 6309-7040 | Stowa Marine Original | Casio G-Shock GW6900-1

Re: I almost fell over in shock!

I don't know about that. Being a WIS can be an expensive habit, having a wife as a WIS too could make you go broke!
    egomez, Toothbras and akit110 like this.
    Time is relative.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTOG View Post
    I don't know about that. Being a WIS can be an expensive habit, having a wife as a WIS too could make you go broke!
    We only make purchases of luxury things when there's no debt (we never carry debt, not even a mortgage), retirement savings are on track, etc. I'm willing to sacrifice a watch purchase per year so she can have a nice one, too. Then there's no grief for me about watch collecting. That's what's so liberating.
    clockwatcher64 likes this.
    COLLECTION

CURRENT - Rolex 14060M | Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50 Mitsukoshi Panda | Omega Speedmaster 3590.50 | Omega Seamaster 300 Cal. 552 | Seiko SBDX001 Marine Master 300 |Seiko 6309-7040 | Stowa Marine Original | Casio G-Shock GW6900-1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Haha very nice and definitely a bit of a catch 22. Awesome that you can share a hobby, sucks that the hobby is so expensive!!

Banned

My wife bought me a fossil at first.

Then out of nowhere she spent a grand and bought me a Christopher ward speedhawk.

I bought her an orient as her gateway drug. She wears it. But hasn't fallen for our addiction yet. But she supports mine! Which is good enough for me. :)
    jtstav and persco like this.

Quote Originally Posted by H3RRINGTON View Post
    My wife bought me a fossil at first.

Then out of nowhere she spent a grand and bought me a Christopher ward speedhawk.

I bought her an orient as her gateway drug. She wears it. But hasn't fallen for our addiction yet. But she supports mine! Which is good enough for me. :)
    Your lucky. I spent years getting yelled at for buying watches. "WHAT!? You bought another watch?" Now, all of a sudden, she says she gets it. She's always hated jewelry, she says. "But this (watch) is like jewelry with a function. I like that."

Ha ha ha. "Me too, dear wife. Me too."
    H3RRINGTON likes this.
    COLLECTION

It's great to have someone that close to share an interest with, even more so if that interest can be managed in the pocket book.

Omega DeVilles are very pretty watches. Everyone around here seems to be more focus on Aqua Terras and Planet Oceans, but I think the DeVilles really deserve a close look. I can easily understand why that would be the watch to "grab" her.

You guys should totally get matching DeVilles. That's really turning that watch geekery up to 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Likestheshiny View Post
    Omega DeVilles are very pretty watches. Everyone around here seems to be more focus on Aqua Terras and Planet Oceans, but I think the DeVilles really deserve a close look. I can easily understand why that would be the watch to "grab" her.

You guys should totally get matching DeVilles. That's really turning that watch geekery up to 11.
    LOL! Nope. Can't do it. The DeVilles do nothing for me, personally. I want a Speedy Pro or vintage Seamaster 300. Matching watches remind me of those couples that get matching track suits...
    H3RRINGTON and CCJ like this.
    COLLECTION

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by persco View Post
    LOL! Nope. Can't do it. The DeVilles do nothing for me, personally. I want a Speedy Pro or vintage Seamaster 300. Matching watches remind me of those couples that get matching track suits...
    THIS

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information