I am bored
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: I am bored

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I am bored

With my collection. I find myself wearing the same few watches and discarding the others.

One suggestion has been to change up straps. To that end I have some nato straps on order.

But one issue is also the fact that my tastes have changed and my general life (and priorities) has chaned a lot now that I have 4 kids.

That said lets get to some Q&As:

Should I get rid of the Tudor, both IWCs and the explorer?

I am also tempted to get rid of the sub and get a sub date. But know I will regret that move.

Some watches that I am currently internet in love with:

So what do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watch List:

Mont Blanc Star XXL Automatic (Ref. 101644)
    Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 17 RS (Ref. CAV511A.BA0902)
    Rolex Explorer 39mm (Ref. 214270)
    Omega Speedmaster Pro Sapphire Sandwich (Ref. 3573.50)
    Rolex Submariner (Ref. 114060)
    Tudor Heritage Black Bay (Ref. 79230B)
    Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 (Ref. CV01AJ.BA0727)
    IWC Ingenieur (Ref. 3227)
    Oris Aquis Date 43.5mm
    IWC Ingenieur (Ref. 3239)
    Mont Blanc Star 4810 Automatic (Ref. 102340)
    Rolex Datejust II (Ref. 116300)

Re: I am bored

I would move the Tudor and a IWC ingy, get the Certina and the leftover goes to schooling for the new 4.
    Alpina, Frederique Constant, Girard-Perregaux, Glycine, Mido, NORD Zeitmachine, Omega, Oris, Poljot, Seiko, Swatch, Tissot, Tutima, Ulysse Nardin, Zenith

With 12 excellent watches in your collection, and 4 kids in the living room, it is hard to see how anyone could be bored--but honestly, if I were you, I would cut your collection in half, sell the rest, and set your mind on other more important things--like those 4...
    Heljestrand likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Honestly, one reason could be that most of your watches are stylistically very sumilar: sporty with large, printed bezel. Some differences in dial and size, sure, but they are all dive-style watches.

Maybe try different styles?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    oztech and jenyang like this.
    Core: ALS 1815 Up/Down, AP RO, Breguet Marine, Blancpain FF MilSpec, JLC Master Geo, GO Panomatic, Rolex BLRO, Panerai 688, Rolex Exp2 polar, Cartier Santos XL ADLC, Zenith El Primero tricolor, [Empty Slot]
    Secondary: Oris Brashear chrono, Oris 65/42 green, Oris 65/40mm, Oris 65 bronze, Rado Capt Cook LE, Seiko Prospex Padi, Doxa 1200T Pro
    Others
    :Tissot T-Touch Expert, Swatch S51, Seagull 1963, Sturmanskie Yuri Gagarin, Fortis Marine Master, G-Shock GMW-B500
    FS: Seiko Orange Monster Gen2, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard, Squale Milsub
    Gone: Tudor Chrono Heritage, Hamilton Khaki Field, B&R03-92, Seiko SKX007, Orient Sun&Moon, Seagull M172S, Rado Vintage Diver, Hamilton Pan Europ, Orient Mako, Meistersinger Pangaea, IWC Aquatimer, PAM 24, JR Aquascope, Tudor BB Black, Longines Legend Diver, PAM 241, Bernhardt Anchor3, WUS GMT watch, Damasko DB2, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko 5, Ventus Mori Brass, Glycine Airman, Eterna Kon-Tiki, Zelos Gallant, Sinn 103 A sa B, Oris 65/42 blue

Quote Originally Posted by vkalia View Post
    Honestly, one reason could be that most of your watches are stylistically very sumilar: sporty with large, printed bezel. Some differences in dial and size, sure, but they are all dive-style watches.

Maybe try different styles?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    You may be right. Even the wife has pointed this out.

Watch List:

Oris Aquis Date 43.5mm

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    With 12 excellent watches in your collection, and 4 kids in the living room, it is hard to see how anyone could be bored--but honestly, if I were you, I would cut your collection in half, sell the rest, and set your mind on other more important things--like those 4...
    Cutting the collection in half seems like a good idea right now truthfully.

What would you get rid of and why? The grand carrera was my wifes wedding gift to me so that one cant go.

Watch List:

Oris Aquis Date 43.5mm

If you're bored with your collection, that means that your collection is no more suitable for you, or your actual taste. My suggestion to you: sell ALL your watches except the Grand Carrera. Focus on the sale while you watch your watch box getting empty and wear only the Carrera. Once you sold everything and you end up with only one watch, your collector's flame will light up again, and you will go for the hunt again to fill back that watch box. Hope it helped, good luck.

The more watches I have the less I like each one of them is something I have noticed. I would do the following to trim it down and concentrate on more important things. Why would we want to add another worry or decision to the day right?

Mont Blanc Star XXL Automatic (Ref. 101644) - Sell this as it not as special as some of your other watches and why let them sit in the box to wear this? It may look nice, just not better than your others.

Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 17 RS (Ref. CAV511A.BA0902) - Keep as it is from the wife

Rolex Explorer 39mm (Ref. 214270) - Keep as a hand down to one of your children

Omega Speedmaster Pro Sapphire Sandwich (Ref. 3573.50) - Keep as a hand down to one of your children and its a real classic (not my thing, but a real classic none the less)

Rolex Submariner (Ref. 114060) - Keep as a hand down to one of your children and because its the best all arounder going

Tudor Heritage Black Bay (Ref. 79230B) - Sell this as it not as special as some of your other watches and why let them sit in the box to wear this? It may look nice, just not better than your others. If you feel like wearing this then put on the sub

Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 (Ref. CV01AJ.BA0727) - Sell this as it not as special as some of your other watches and why let them sit in the box to wear this? It may look nice, just not better than your others.

IWC Ingenieur (Ref. 3227) - Sell this as it not as special as some of your other watches and why let them sit in the box to wear this? It may look nice, just not better than your others.

Oris Aquis Date 43.5mm - Sell this as it not as special as some of your other watches and why let them sit in the box to wear this? It may look nice, just not better than your others.

IWC Ingenieur (Ref. 3239) - Sell this as it not as special as some of your other watches and why let them sit in the box to wear this? It may look nice, just not better than your others.

Mont Blanc Star 4810 Automatic (Ref. 102340) - Sell this as it not as special as some of your other watches and why let them sit in the box to wear this? It may look nice, just not better than your others.

Rolex Datejust II (Ref. 116300) - Keep as a hand down to one of your children
    system11 and oztech like this.

Keep the Tag! keep the Rolex(s) get rid of the rest. Use some of that cash to buy one from that list you have your eye on and maybe look for another non dive watch just to try something different.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Like you say, your priorities have changed. Sell all watches except for the one you like best and wear most. Set the money aside. Then become a 'one-watch-dad'. In the end, any unworn watch is just 'stuff' you have to care for. No reason to do so.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn FIG-LX1 met Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information