I belong to the group of.... - Page 2

View Poll Results: I belong to the group of....

Voters
191. This poll is closed
  • watch buyers

158 82.72%
  • brand buyers

33 17.28%

Thread: I belong to the group of....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: I belong to the group of....

Quote Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
    I see your point, but I wouldnt buy a super high end watch unless it was a well established brand. At the same time, you take something like a submariner which comes from perhaps the most prestigious watch brand in the world (to the general public), which is an amazing watch, but I have no desire to have.
    Good remark and I share your opinion, it's obvious that nobody will spend a fortune for a watch coming from nowhere, we are talking about average watches and not the limits of the range, the lower one doesn't count for the poll question and the higher one was already mentioned.
    Neither do I but I was afraid to state it because of the reaction of the general public

EDIT: I would rather have a less complicated JLC than a highly complex, top end Seiko, so I guess that makes me a brand buyer?
    No, if you buy it for the watch itself, it may be from the most reputate brand to the public or to the experts, a watch buyer and not a brand buyer is not meant to be a person who buys only no name stuff.
    Renee Descartes walks into a bar, the bartender says 'sir can I get you a Martini ?', Descartes says 'I don't think...' and he disappears

Cheers,
    Fidel
    (DWP #001/100)

Quote Originally Posted by G M Fude View Post
    Yes. Since an inexpensive, well featured, reliable and (depending on the model) attractive Casio will perform most of the functions we need, then not buying one in favour of another brand arguably makes us Brand buyers.

This is a poll that really requires people to stop and think before clicking their option. And be devastatingly honest, as the OP suggested.

why do the instructions to not post if i dont know the answer go to the mini forum?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by car guy View Post
    why do the instructions to not post if i dont know the answer go to the mini forum?
    The first reason is that I have found it on another forum, it doesn't belong to me and "borrowed" it as it was (including the link).
    The second reason is the content of the link: "Please be careful when answering peoples technical questions that you do not misguide them into taking inappropriate action. Not only is this annoying, but it can also be costly and could even be dangerous if the wrong information is given. This is why we ask that only first-hand and factual information is posted in reply to peoples queries. If you are not 100% certain of your reply, be sure to point out your uncertainty."

Actualy I'm driving a Rover 75 and I have nothing to do with Mini, but I think that Alec Issigonis has done a great job and the successor of the old Mini is still a great car.
    Renee Descartes walks into a bar, the bartender says 'sir can I get you a Martini ?', Descartes says 'I don't think...' and he disappears

Cheers,
    Fidel
    (DWP #001/100)

I buy based on styling and features. Hence my varied collection.
    Lots of dive watches.

Quote Originally Posted by workaholic_ro View Post
    The first reason is that I have found it on another forum, it doesn't belong to me and "borrowed" it as it was (including the link).
    The second reason is the content of the link: "Please be careful when answering peoples technical questions that you do not misguide them into taking inappropriate action. Not only is this annoying, but it can also be costly and could even be dangerous if the wrong information is given. This is why we ask that only first-hand and factual information is posted in reply to peoples queries. If you are not 100% certain of your reply, be sure to point out your uncertainty."

Actualy I'm driving a Rover 75 and I have nothing to do with Mini, but I think that Alec Issigonis has done a great job and the successor of the old Mini is still a great car.

Oh, I get it... but I may want to point out my uncertainty in that, because there may be a chance I dont get it...

Quote Originally Posted by workaholic_ro View Post

Actualy I'm driving a Rover 75
    So - this makes you a buyer of a brand rather than the buyer of a car? I mean, why buy a Rover when an Automobile Craiova model would suffice?

(My Mini was excellent btw - loved the car - held its value extremely well!)
    Last edited by k7lro; November 4th, 2008 at 02:42.
    Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Citizen Navihawk, Casio PAW1300-3V, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph, Rolex GMT-Master II, O&W ID3066, Seiko AGS Flightmaster, Baume & Mercier World Timer, Zenith Stratos Striking Tenth Felix Baumgartner

[quote=k7lro;1422167]So - this makes you a buyer of a brand rather than the buyer of a car? I mean, why buy a Rover when an Automobile Craiova model would suffice?

My patriotic instincts are not strong enough to make me feel fun in driving a shoe box.
    No, it doesn't make me a brand buyer, I simply like that car.
    Last edited by workaholic_ro; November 4th, 2008 at 21:06.

Cheers,
    Fidel
    (DWP #001/100)

Moderator High-end watches amine's Avatar

As for me, i belong to both groups...i love watches but i also consider brands/history, there are some brands that just don't do it for me (Concord, Revue Thommen, Raymond Weil...etc) so i know i would never spend a coin in buying a watch from these companies even if the design of one of these catches my eyes, i would like to have different brands (from high end to middle/low end range) in my collection without neglecting the design, i buy watches i like but the brand also plays a strong role in making my purchase.
    Oris Flight Timer R4118,Oris Carlos Coste 2007,Oris TT3,Rolex Submariner date,Rolex Milgauss GV,Rolex cosmograph Daytona,Rolex GMT Master II-C,Patek Philippe Nautilus 5712/1A,A.Lange & Söhne Lange1,Breguet Le Reveil Du Tsar,Vacheron Constantin Overseas Dual Time,Audemars Piguet ROO Safari,Omega SMP1164,Panerai 177,Panerai 88,Panerai 214,Panerai 233,Breitling Navitimer world,Tag Heuer aquaracer D/D, Tag Heuer Microtimer,Tag Heuer SLR 2007 L.E,Tag Heuer Carrera, Cartier Santos 100,Frederique Constant Austin Healey L.E,Maurice Lacroix Pontos,Maurice Lacroix MP Double Retrograde,Chopard Mille Miglia GT XL 2007 L.E,Tissot Moto GP 2007 L.E,JeanRichard Chronoscope J-051,JeanRichard Chronoscope 25030,JeanRichard Bressel 16012,Longines Lindbergh 47mm,Girard Perregaux Laureato Evo3,Jaeger-Le-Coultre Master World Geographic,IWC Classic Pilot Chrono,IWC 5001 Portuguese 7 Days,Baume & Mercier Hampton XL Magnum,Zenith Defy Classic Chrono Aero,Zenith Defy Extreme Chrono,Longines Legend Diver...etc

In the end, I'm a watch buyer. If a watch interests me, I'll go for it.

BUT, I do gravitate towards certain brands.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information