I bought a Squale 1521, but?is this acceptable?
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: I bought a Squale 1521, but?is this acceptable?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I bought a Squale 1521, but…is this acceptable?

I bought a Squale, and love the watch, but…I need some advice urgently please, please, please!
    The white line around the date aperture is skewed - see photo. It's particularly bad on the bottom line - the bottom right corner is ok, but it drops by the time it reaches the bottom left corner and so doesn't line up with the bevel of the aperture itself (i.e. the left hand side of the line sits lower than the right). It's the same on the top but much less so.
    Do you think this is acceptable? I want to keep it, but I'm not sure I can put up with that on a £700 watch. I'm particular and things like this bug me. Am I unreasonable?

Also, the pip on the rotating bezel lines up perfectly at 12 o'clock, which is rare I find - however it's at the expense of the other bezel markers - i.e. the 3 o'clock line is about half a minute south of where it should be and the 6 o'clock marker is about half a minute left of where it should be.

Name:  _DSC4945.jpg
Views: 1283
Size:  552.4 KB

Re: I bought a Squale 1521, but…is this acceptable?

Between both issues, I would return it and ask for another that is carefully inspected before shipment.

The problem is that the dealer said they are all like that - so it means I'll be Squale-less

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No your not, my Reiner Nienaber is a real "gem" when it comes to screwups like that and I payed a lot more for it. "Zero
    defects" doesn't always apply.

I would vote for these being acceptable. I realize it's easier to say that about someone else's watch, but these are manufactured pieces for which there are tolerances. Some watches will be closer to "perfect", but that's more based on luck.

It all comes down to - Can you live with it?

For me, bezel alignment at 12 makes my OCD twitch more than other stuff. Yours looks okay to me though! Getting more and more tempted by these Squale watches for a fun diver.
    Last edited by the.hatter; July 23rd, 2015 at 22:19.
    3005 likes this.

On a watch at that price those mistakes would be unacceptable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by the.hatter View Post
    I would vote for these being acceptable. I realize it's easier to say that about someone else's watch, but these are manufactured pieces for which there are tolerances. Some watches will be closer to "perfect", but that's more based on luck.

It all comes down to - Can you live with it?

For me, bezel alignment at 12 makes my OCD twitch more than other stuff.
    I agree. For me, it wouldn't bother me. These aren't hand-made watches and this seems to be within tolerance. I have a Tissot that has similar alignment issues, but I just look past it.
    Richard-, ShaggyDog and 3005 like this.

To me, I think these issues are acceptable, but if it bothers you then return it. Just realize that the replacement might not necessarily be any better.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lovewatches View Post
    I bought a Squale, and love the watch, but…I need some advice urgently please, please, please!
    The white line around the date aperture is skewed - see photo. It's particularly bad on the bottom line - the bottom right corner is ok, but it drops by the time it reaches the bottom left corner and so doesn't line up with the bevel of the aperture itself (i.e. the left hand side of the line sits lower than the right). It's the same on the top but much less so.
    [COLOR=#141823][FONT=helvetica]Do you think this is acceptable? I want to keep it, but I'm not sure I can put up with that on a £700 watch. I'm particular and things like this bug me. Am I unreasonable?

Also, the pip on the rotating bezel lines up perfectly at 12 o'clock, which is rare I find - however it's at the expense of the other bezel markers - i.e. the 3 o'clock line is about half a minute south of where it should be and the 6 o'clock marker is about half a minute left of where it should be.
    10 times out of 10 no one will notice... so if it bothers you enough, return it and get your money back.

Keep it; it's unique !
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending".

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information