WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

I came back from the future...

2K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  EduardoD 
#1 · (Edited)
...and I want to say that smartwatches will be great for us, because MANY people that didn't wear anything on their wrists FOR YEARS (especially the younger generations), will use something now.

Our industry has a TOTAL POWERFUL FEELING (that a smartwatch can't give you, sorry).
It can give you information, whatever.
But can't make you feel like we feel with our watches. (maybe some hardcore apple fans - but they will disappear as time passes, because their cult was too connected with Jobs).
That's our differentiation.
That's how we are going to attract more attention.

Watches are amazing.
Watches are art attached on our wrists.

Everything will be fine!

That's what I have to say about the new Apple watch release.
Their product got better and will get better - technologically - with time.
But they don't have that THING a mechanical watch has.
Never will.

PS: That fake dial that the smartwatch has, trying to copy a "normal watch". OH MY LORD.
It is unpleasant as it can be.
It is like if they put fake colour lenses in everybody and expected to look good.
IT DOESN'T. BIG TIME.

See less See more
#15 · (Edited)
Let's start the serious talk, please.

It is an interesting subject for us that loves watches ;-):-!

What do you think about the new improvements of the Apple watch? The same boring and ugly thing?
I heard some friends said that they like Apple as a brand, but hate the their smartwatch.

What do you guys think?

#17 ·
smart watches will never replace high end mechanical ones, never

#18 ·
Computers are just miniaturizing, as always. Once they get enough transistors to fit in a watch that you can give up your phone, they will start fitting them into a ring, then an implant.

Computers are just passing through our little ecosystem on the wrist. They aren't likely to be permanent inhabitants.

#27 ·
im actually abit dissapointed with your report OP.

i was thinking that smartwatch industries is dead, and all the normal peeps are wearing atleast a hand wound watch. you know. just like in the 60s?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.