I can't decide between the Omega Speedmaster Pro or the Breitling Navitimer01
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: I can't decide between the Omega Speedmaster Pro or the Breitling Navitimer01

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I can't decide between the Omega Speedmaster Pro or the Breitling Navitimer01

Hi,

New here by the way

As the title states, I can't decide. I tried on the Speedmaster, but it looked much smaller on my wrist than I thought it would be (and I have small wrists!). I thought about the sapphire sandwich, but that wouldn't be the same as getting the hesalite version. On the other hand I don't want to worry about scratches all the time.

So, I'm thinking about getting the Breitling instead. I like the size (43 mm), and I've heard good things about the movement.

Guess I'd ask the experts, what do you think I should do? What would you do?

Thanks!

Re: I can't decide between the Omega Speedmaster Pro or the Breitling Navitimer01

Breitlings just do nothing for me, so it wouldn't even be a contest between those two. That said, if you find the Speedmaster too small, you sholdn't buy it. But there's a whole great big world of 43-46mm chronographs out there for you to consider beyond those two.

Re: I can't decide between the Omega Speedmaster Pro or the Breitling Navitimer01

Hello!

Most will recommend the Speedy Pro - it's a very well respected watch. I find the Navitimer's dial to be too busy, but I don't suppose you do as you're considering it

I tried on a watch that I really liked from pictures and I thought it was a bit small. But I reckon that I'd get used to it pretty quickly.

So...dunno. Up to you

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome! think about both and go for the Omega Speedmaster.
    Pubcrawler, ken_sturrock and OzO like this.
    Regards Cam

I think I'm focusing too much on size. I've also been considering the Omega De Ville Hour Vision. I agree with the Breitling being a little too "busy". The De Ville on the other hand is just simple and gorgeous. I just might end up with the De Ville, and I'm liking the silver dial.

Silver dial, yay or nay?

Seiko, Cartier Moderator Athram's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    I think I'm focusing too much on size. I've also been considering the Omega De Ville Hour Vision. I agree with the Breitling being a little too "busy". The De Ville on the other hand is just simple and gorgeous. I just might end up with the De Ville, and I'm liking the silver dial.

Silver dial, yay or nay?
    Yay.

Appreciate the feedback!

My next question is should I go for the 8500 or 8501?

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    Appreciate the feedback!

My next question is should I go for the 8500 or 8501?
    8500 is SS whilst 8501 is for the gold model, no? Bit of a price difference.

Gone from sports chrono to dress watch? The DeVille is nice - and the blue dial Orbis edition the nicest of the lot to my eyes. The 8500 is a terrific movement. But dare I say it sounds like you maybe need to think about what type of watch you really want.

Now I see you're considering a DeVille. But I just wondered if you have considered the Speedy 9300?
    Not my pic, but I can't resist this one.

IGotId likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information