I can't wear deployants
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I can't wear deployants

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I can't wear deployants

I have a number of watches that originally came with deployants, and have found them impossible to wear; the metal part rubs the underside of my wrist, and leaves red marks. It's a little annoying, since deployants are easy to use, and look good.

I am told that this is unusual, but am curious as to whether anyone else has the same problem, and solutions rather than just change the closure to a normal buckle,
    Last edited by Beaunecrusher; July 21st, 2015 at 14:51.

heb

Re: I can't wear deployants

Hello,
    I was the same way when I first tried on a deployant. What worked for me most of time (but not always) was changing the lug ends of the strap so that the deployant hinge sat on the inside of my wrist, vice the outside. This changed the aerodynamics of the strap and made it more comfortable, it also works for a metal bracelet. Nowadays I go with a butterfly style deployant to avoid the above.

Your mileage may vary, however.

Good luck,
    heb
    aardvarkbark likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by heb View Post
    ....Nowadays I go with a butterfly style deployant....
    I have yet to find a comfortable OEM deployant. I put butterflies on all of my straps.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Only happens if I'm sitting my wrist on the table while typing on computer the whole day. Have you tried loosening the clasp?
    watermanxxl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaunecrusher View Post
    I have a number of watches that originally came with deployants, and have found them impossible to wear; the metal part rubs the underside of my wrist, and leaves red marks. It's a little annoying, since deployants are easy to use, and look good.

I am told that this is unusual, but am curious as to whether anyone else has the same problem, and solutions rather than just change the closure to a normal buckle,
    Maybe you're wearing the strap too tightly? I wear a "dual deployant" on my dress watch and it wears super-comfortable. They're "easy" on straps too; a tang buckle can take a toll on a well-worn watch strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaunecrusher View Post
    found them impossible to wear; the metal part rubs the underside of my wrist, and leaves red marks. It's a little annoying, since deployants are easy to use, and look good.
    It happens to some, switch to buckles and call it a day....
    This spring, I will do Everest without oxygen. I did all my peaks without oxygen except Everest. I just want to continue be happy, doing what I love—climbing mountains.
    Edurne Pasaban Lizarribar

I have one or two that tend to dig into my wrist. Those happen to have a more pronounced curvature to them, and since my wrist is very flat (top and bottom) the ends of the deployment "push" in. I suspect wrist shape has a great deal to do with it.

I get red marks with all bands, but I think I prefer buckles because you can adjust them easily to try and reduce the problem.

I am usually not a fan of deployants (for the same reason) but there are some good ones. Ball's and Longines' are pretty good and non-intrusive. Sea-Gull's is garbage.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |
    On deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary |

Some I've flipped around to get a better fit (Seiko) and others I've simply replaced with regular buckles.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information