I caught my wife!

Thread: I caught my wife!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I caught my wife!

Crap! Unfortunately I came home to find my wife taking pictures of her new watch. I hope this doesn't lead to a tit for tat situation. If my watch budget gets cut in half because my wife has a new watch addiction I will not be happy. Its normal for most people to like their watches but if you find someone taking photographs of them while still on their arm, I am pretty sure that person is or has aquired an expensive habit. I think we may need marriage counseling.

She told me she wanted something automatic! I'm in trouble.

Heuer Monza calibre 15
    Omega Speedmaster 3210.51
    Oris Big Crown BC3
    Tissot Seastar 1000 auto,
    Hamilton Khaki Twilight,
    Seiko UFO chrono circa 1970's
    1972 Bulova Oceanographer
    70's Mido Multifort
    1950's Movado
    Citizen Ecozilla
    Zodiac Hermetic
    Luminox 3200
    Casio Pathfinder PAG-40B-2VCF

Re: I caught my wife!

I'm right there with ya, Brother!

My wife (who's from Houston, BTW) started out with a gold-tone Accutron, moved on to a quartz Omega then got bit by the mechanical bug. Now she's got a Yachtmaster and two Doxa Subs and is looking at another Rollie. Where does it all end?!

Join the club. Mine's just taking mine (with permission, of course).

With our dog, Olive:

~Ross

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think I'm going in the same direction
    My gf doesn't really care about watches ( she has never had a watch btw). Good thing is that she thinks is cute when I talk to her about watches and ask her opinions. The bad thing is that I caught her trying my watches out the other day. She loved the seiko BM and swears a watch looks great on her. Needless to say, she wants a watch now. To make it worse she's really picky. "I don't like the hands... I don't like the strap"...etc

Quote Originally Posted by jay.scratch View Post
    I think I'm going in the same direction
    My gf doesn't really care about watches ( she has never had a watch btw). Good thing is that she thinks is cute when I talk to her about watches and ask her opinions. The bad thing is that I caught her trying my watches out the other day. She loved the seiko BM and swears a watch looks great on her. Needless to say, she wants a watch now. To make it worse she's really picky. "I don't like the hands... I don't like the strap"...etc
    Mine's picky too, but for some reason she loved the blue Mako on a blue silicone. Otherwise she's rather picky. Also wears a Tag Heuer 2000 Exclusive.

Sorry -- one of the few pics I have of it on her wrist....

closeup product image:

~Ross

Omega Forum Moderator emmanuelgoldstein's Avatar

It sounds like you are in trouble. My girlfriend started with a Movado in December, a Hamilton in January, A G-Shock in February, and now she has moved on to the higher end automatics. She also wears a few of my smaller diameter automatics. She went from 0 - 60 in 4 seconds.
    “Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

Banned

I guess it depends on how you view the hobby. Do you come on line to get away from your wife/gf? If so, you probably don't want them joining in it. (that may mean there's bigger issues) I don't mind when Windy raids my box for a watch or offers an opinion. I even ask her which one she likes better of a group of pictures posted. She comes fishing once in a while also. Works for me - two people fishing double the bag limit so that's more fish we can keep. She's a nurse so she isn't squeemish about baiting the hook either.

Hey, it could be worse - they could want to golf with you. (oh, the pain of achingly slow play - sheer torture!)

Quote Originally Posted by 1texasred View Post
    Crap! Unfortunately I came home to find my wife
    I thought this post was going to end really, really badly... Great watch

For the first time I heard my fiancee say that she may be growing out of her watch. I thought my collecting was getting expensive. $ x 2 here we go!

Rolex 114060
    Zenith El Primero

All in all it's kind of cute. It's kinda like my wife in one of my dress shirts. The truth is I would love her to wear nice watches and see the value in a machine built so precisely you can tell time by it. The watch is a piece of antiquated culture that refuses to go away. In some ways they are art, in others jewelry, to some tools, overall though I think the fact that you wear a watch says something about you. I am not sure what that something is, but it is something, and my wife (Leslie) has it. I'll just pray that she isn't as obsessive as I am.

I wore a Bulova given to me as a gift for five years untill it broke in December. All the watches I own I have bought in the last five months. It started with a 1950's Movado and worked its way up to my last two purchases an Omega speedmaster date and then my most recent 1970's Seiko UFO chrono. God help me if I come home tomorrow and she is looking at Doxas.

Heuer Monza calibre 15
    Omega Speedmaster 3210.51
    Oris Big Crown BC3
    Tissot Seastar 1000 auto,
    Hamilton Khaki Twilight,
    Seiko UFO chrono circa 1970's
    1972 Bulova Oceanographer
    70's Mido Multifort
    1950's Movado
    Citizen Ecozilla
    Zodiac Hermetic
    Luminox 3200
    Casio Pathfinder PAG-40B-2VCF

Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
    Mine's picky too, but for some reason she loved the blue Mako on a blue silicone. Otherwise she's rather picky. Also wears a Tag Heuer 2000 Exclusive.
    I'm probably getting a yellow mako. She really likes it so I may get one for her too. She's so girly sometimes that she wants us to have a matching watch. Wouldn't be a bad idea with a mako.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information