I did the unthinkable/unforgivable... I bought a smart-watch (Garmin Fenix 5x)
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I did the unthinkable/unforgivable... I bought a smart-watch (Garmin Fenix 5x)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Well, I did it and Iím only slightly ashamed. I bought a Garmin Fenix 5x and I kinda like it. Iím getting old(38) and decided I need to refocus on getting healthy and working out. I had looked at a few smart watches but just couldnít bring myself to do it. Iíve been a mechanical timepiece drum beater forever.

I happened across the Fenix 5x and as an avid bow hunter the idea of having a full gps on my wrist was appealing. Well this weekend I took the plunge and got one. Overall Iím actually really impressed with it and have found it to be pretty easy to use. The size is a bit ridiculous at 51mm but I have a giant wrist and it is shockingly comfortable. Overall I think it was a good purchase and as long as I consider it a ďwrist computerĒ and not an actual watch in my collection, I donít feel like too big of a hypocrite.Name:  IMG_4362.JPG
Views: 213
Size:  333.9 KBName:  IMG_4364.JPG
Views: 218
Size:  316.0 KB

Moderator Public Forum soaking.fused's Avatar

Looks great on your wrist.

Congrats!
    Last edited by soaking.fused; March 1st, 2018 at 04:14.

Re: I did the unthinkable/unforgivable... I bought a smart-watch (Garmin Fenix 5x)

I think that's really cool, great utilitarian purposes. Enjoy!
    Best Regards,

--Todd

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: I did the unthinkable/unforgivable... I bought a smart-watch (Garmin Fenix 5x)

That is one serious Sports Watch.

Nothing wrong with a Smart Watch.

I use my Apple Watch Series 2 Nike+ when I go out Running.

It is useful for what I need it for.

Congratulations and wear it in good working out health!
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

Nice! I have the much older Fenix 2 and I love it! I use it to track my skiing and hiking. The GPS is also super helpful and has prevented me from getting lost a few times.
    Hamilton Khaki Pilot Day Date H64615135
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 300m 212.30.41.20.01.003
    JLC MUT Moon 1368420
    Garmin Fenix 5s Sapphire

Great purchase! I have a Fenix 3 and have been extremely happy with it - great for all sorts of outdoor pursuits. I use it for mountain biking, trail running, skiing, swimming, etc. It's pretty rugged as well, I've taken lots of tumbles with it and it's none the worse for wear. Enjoy, it's a great watch!

I have a pal that is an avid mountain biker and he wears one of these and he is very pleased with its performance. As a matter of fact, he just turned 30 and this is the first "watch" he has ever purchased.

I love a good, purposeful tool. I hope you use it to the max!

How long does the battery last? I have to say it is the first time I have looked at one and thought it could be a possibility. And you must have a elephant wrist, because it looks more like 44mm..lol

I have a Garmin Fenix 2 and I'm going to pick up a 5s sapphire sometime this year. My wrist has room for a wide variety of watches.

Quote Originally Posted by back2class View Post
    How long does the battery last? I have to say it is the first time I have looked at one and thought it could be a possibility. And you must have a elephant wrist, because it looks more like 44mm..lol
    They say 12 days on smart watch mode with activity tracking. 35hrs on GPS ultratrac. 20 hrs if you have it on full bore GPS tracking (one reading per second) and HR monitoring.
    Well my wrist is 7 3/4Ē which is pretty dang big. While there is no doubt itís a big ass watch, Itís not like Iím going to be wearing it with a dress shirt or anything. I donít know how they did it but they managed to make a 51mm watch comfortable. I sold a 43mm Tudor Black Bay Bronze because it felt too big and uncomfortable. Go figure.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information