I don't understand the disdain over Invicta, this particular Invicta I purchased is one... - Page 7
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: I don't understand the disdain over Invicta, this particular Invicta I purchased is one...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: I don't understand the disdain over Invicta, this particular Invicta I purchased is one...

Interesting post for sure. If you are truly happy with the watch, then the type (manufacturer) and price paid are irrelevant. However, I suspect that somewhere in the back of your mind there is a molecule of buyer's remorse. Otherwise, why would you start a thread designed to offer criticism for a watch you just bought? Again, if you were truly happy, you most likely would have posted an incoming/arrived post and/or a review hoping that other enthusiasts would offer their congratulations and approval. In essence, this is a really oddball way to get feedback; especially when you seem to be aware of the reputation that precedes Invicta on a watch enthusiasts forum.

Enjoy your watch. After all, it is for your enjoyment and yours alone. If you're happy with it, wear it in good health!
    Last edited by JWM69; December 5th, 2011 at 08:46.
    “This is a Roche Vouceau. The thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to THREE atmospheres. It tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad. This is ‘THE’ sports watch of the ’80s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty five dollars retail.”

~Louis Winthorpe III

Re: I don't understand the disdain over Invicta, this particular Invicta I purchased is one...

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckVostokGuy View Post
    ... and wether we like or dislike his choice, at the end of the day, it's the watch he chose.
    That sounds a lot like something my wife's mother said when she introduced me to her family.
    "Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail." _ John Donne

JWM69 makes a fantastic point. Anyone genuinely and honestly excited and pleased about their purchase would've probably posted in the Optimistic Affirmative instead of the Optimistic Negative/Pessimistic Affirmative ... especially when the Poster knows full well that many subsequent feedback posts would be in the Pessimistic Negative.

Quote Originally Posted by JWM69 View Post
    Interesting post for sure. If you are truly happy with the watch, then the type (manufacturer) and price paid are irrelevant. However, I suspect that somewhere in the back of your mind there is a molecule of buyer's remorse. Otherwise, why would you start a thread designed to offer criticism for a watch you just bought? Again, if you were truly happy, you most likely would have posted an incoming/arrived post and/or a review hoping that other enthusiasts would offer their congratulations and approval. In essence, this is a really oddball way to get feedback; especially when you seem to be aware of the reputation that precedes Invicta on a watch enthusiasts forum.

Enjoy your watch. After all, it is for your enjoyment and yours alone. If you're happy with it, wear it in good health!
    Chronopolis, JWM69 and Otto Phan like this.

Rotation
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust | Seikos: SKX781K3 (7S26-0350), SKX255K1 (7s36-0250), 7123-8510, 6309-7040, H021-7001 | Citizen EcoZilla SS Bracelet | Bulova Diver 666ft M4 | Omega Seamaster De Ville |

Transactions
    Omega Seamaster De Ville: 14K Gold Filled Quadruple Signed
    Citizens: BJ7000-52E|BJ8050-08E
    Seikos: KZ255K1|7123-8510|SKX009|6309-7040|H021-7001|

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ed21x View Post
    btw OP, it's obvious some people are posting here to get a rise out of you.

It's not that. Packs of playing cards for solitaire have gone missing so many people post because it's home of the cheap shot and it beats kicking the neighbor's little dog through the hedge, but mainly it's because they have nothing else to do. That, btw, is MY definition of troll.
    "Can we bless or at least not curse whatever struggles to stay alive on this planet of struggles?"

"To live and to die in gratefulness if in no other virtue."

-Galway Kinnell

Ocean Springs, MS (AKA Redneck Territory)

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolis View Post
    That sounds a lot like something my wife's mother said when she introduced me to her family.
    .... I don't quite know how to take that. :P
    Last edited by RedneckVostokGuy; December 5th, 2011 at 09:34.
    "Time is an illusion; Lunchtime, doubly so." - Ford Prefect, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Alpha GMT Master -- Alpha Planet Ocean 781/1000 -- Alpha Seamaster LE (x2 In-Transit)
    Alpha Seamaster Multifunction -- Bagelsport MILGAUSS (In Transit) -- Casio AMW-320R Diver (In Transit)
    Casio G-Shock G-2300 Tough Solar -- Citizen Navihawk Blue Angels Chronographn
    Invicta Pro Diver 8926ob -- Seiko 6119-6000 '5' Series -- Seiko 7002-7009 Diver
    Seiko SKX009 Diver -- Timex Ironman Triathlon Shock -- Timex Ironman Triathlon 20th Anniversary
    Timex Ironman Triathlon -- Vostok Amphibia -- Vostok Amphibia Neptune -- Vostok Kommandierskie (x6)

To the OP: I'm really sorry you're pissed, but there are 2 parts to your question...are you trying to find members' opinion of Invicta as a whole or just with regards to your watch? If it's your watch, the Lupah seems to be one of their more solid watch lines so good choice considering Invicta seems to come with more misses than hits (of course based on public opinion). I will recommend caution if you actually try diving with it because the the case-back doesn't look like it's screwed down very well - I'm pretty surprised at Amazon's 330 ft rating for it.

Now as a company, Invicta reminds me of 1980s and 1990s General Motors - lots of divisions using shared platforms to make lots of cars that had quality issues compared to their rivals. Sure, there were some good models just like Invicta makes the occasional decent watch (you could almost cite law of averages here considering how many different models Invicta makes). The problem is that most of Invicta's work is considered junky - and the complaints that pop up over them are far louder than the praise for the watches that turn out okay.

So like GM - I won't make fun of a Corvette, but I do criticize the company because of their other half-assed cars. Same with Invicta - I won't put down your Lupah or the 8926, but I do take issue with the company for their other shoddy models as well as their bad customer service
    *El Ocho 1* likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LosTresGatos View Post
    To the OP:...

Sure, there were some good models just like Invicta makes the occasional decent watch (you could almost cite law of averages here considering how many different models Invicta makes). The problem is that most of Invicta's work is considered junky - and the complaints that pop up over them are far louder than the praise for the watches that turn out okay.
    This truth does get lost in the fray a lot. Nobody (watch company) can be awesome, or sucky, ALL the time with EVERY model. If they were, AND stayed in business, that in itself would be an achievement of sorts.
    I have 2 Invictas myself: I went the safe route however, and chose 2 models with commonly available now-generic designs that cannot be accused of "adventurous" styling.
    They are what they are, and they've never given me trouble, so, as far as I am concerned, those 2 watches could have been stamped with any brand's name.

As for the company: I care not that they treat their customers like poo. I don't intend to wait in line to get serviced, let alone buy anything from them that will warrant it.

I myself only find Invicta's strategy (as a business entity) quite interesting, and would like to know more about it.

And the fact that they churn out so many models is also something that borders on being laudable. The logistics of it!
    Last edited by Chronopolis; December 5th, 2011 at 09:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Saogaged View Post
    You state that like it's a fact, when that sounds to me like an opinion.
    No, he's pretty much spot-on.

You asked an honest question, and you've received an honest answer. If you don't like that answer, you should have told us to sugar-coat it for you.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolis View Post
    This truth does get lost in the fray a lot.

That's for sure, as in your quote from lostresgatos. Invicta makes NOTHING. It's all contracted out and Invicta uses the same suppliers and assemblers etc. as everyone else. That being the case why would Invicta watches have more CS issues than other brands from the same factories?
    "Can we bless or at least not curse whatever struggles to stay alive on this planet of struggles?"

"To live and to die in gratefulness if in no other virtue."

-Galway Kinnell

So, Invicta is essentially a middle man? Or maybe a more accurate analogy is: a 'boxing promoter'?
    Doesn't get in the ring, doesn't train the fighters, doesn't support them, just promote the event. Something like that?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information