WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

I finally used my chrono

1K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  lvt 
#1 ·
I was one of those who thought chronos are silly and have no use other than the aesthetic appeal. Recently, I've been using the chronograph more often. Don't get me wrong, by no means it is something "essential" but lets not kid ourselves, no part of this watch hobby is either. So now I find myself timing stuff just for the fun and enjoyment of it. I time how much does it take to walk from the parking lot to my desk, how much does it take to walk to the cafeteria, things like that.

Share your chrono use stories :)

#8 ·
Its funny b/c the only watch i wear thats a chrono is also one of my nicer watches that i don't where as a tool watch. So mine doesn't get much use, honestly. I should find a daily wearer that i can beat up with a chrono... might use it more often. Who knows.

#16 ·
I used to use mine to time the kid's timeouts. Kids grew up & sold the Speedy. Now I'm thinking of getting another chronograph because ceramic Daytona.

Reactions: hrossroth
#25 ·
Don't use watches with high-beat rate (36,600bph), you will last longer :-d

#19 ·
I'm a rocket scientist and use mine to time rates of fuel consumption, fuel burns, miles covered per minute. Cycle times for rocket boosters and fuel burns. Rates of climbs. Molecular beats of uranium. Orbital rates and transitions.

For fun... lap times in my classic Alfa, Ferrari, Maserati, etc. Air races when piloting my P-51 (those fuel consumption, rates of ascent/descent rates, etc. come in handy too). Of course invaluable for the yacht races/regattas, etc., down at the yacht club.

Oh yes... and steaks on the barbie.

In other words... invaluable!

#24 · (Edited)
I use my chrono to time my students' in class presentations. Makes listening to them much more fun ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This!!! I was a teacher for years and I think teaching, more than any profession, requires a good fast-reading chrono!

Plus having a cool watch is perhaps the only way you will ever get a middle schooler to call anything about you "cool.". :D

...also need a rotating bezel to keep track of exactly when that friggin bell will ring and set you freeeee!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

#23 ·
I find myself using my Sinn chrono with countdown bezel quite frequently these days. The uses definitely are not as necessary or as glorified as they are in watch ads, but I still find myself using them...

#27 ·
I bet that you were wearing a G-shock :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.