I found THE one.
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: I found THE one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wow. Okay. I never imagined that the one watch to set my mind at ease would be this brick on a bracelet. I bought its little brother the other day, and I loved it so much that I decided to go all-in on a G Shock and bought the GWG-1000 MB6 Mudmaster. The GG-1000 (this thing's little brother) has a place in my heart in that it introduced me to the one watch that would set my mind at ease, but the GG-1000 did not have all of the features that I COULD have if I settled for a permanent daily wearer. Before this Mudmaster, my mind would immediately race to the next acquisition every time I bought a watch. But now, I'm perfectly content and happy with my collection because of this watch, despite it being everything I dislike about watches: over 42mm, quartz, obnoxious, plastic, made somewhere other than Switzerland or Japan, fat, ugly, Invicta like.

Coming in at the size of a blue whale lug to lug, this Mudmaster is as wide and thick as your mum. Put her on a rubber band and try to put that on your wrist- yeesh. It's scary and obnoxious looking. And like your mum, everyone's going to notice and mostly in a bad way. A small handful of guys will like her because of a chubby fetish, but the rest of the world is probably thinking she could lose a pound or ten. But boy oh boy, can she cook and clean.

I am a diver, a caver, a hiker, an outdoors man, and more. Although I am a desk diver by profession, I like getting my hands dirty working around my property and always remodeling different parts of my home. This is the only watch I trust to handle all of the above and not hurt my feelings if I wreck it and get it dirty.

This thing is a mega tool packed into a wrist brick that does not wear half bad on my wrist, and I love tools (not the a**holes). I am not going to get into the specs, because those can be easily found around the interwebs, but I can say that I can use almost everything that is featured on this watch, especially the mud resistance. If you have ever been caving, things get muddy. Real muddy. And in the event I walk up upon some beautiful women mud wrestling, I want to be able to get in deep and break them up.

You see, I compare this watch with a Glock. Ugly as hell but when I need to rely on something, I will always carry a Glock despite having BBQ 1911s and shiny wheel guns. Man, it feels good to own this watch.
    Last edited by tototacoro; June 7th, 2018 at 23:47.

Re: I found THE one.

Congrats on your purchase. That looks like it could handle anything you could throw at it.

I love mine as well!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    tototacoro likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I refer to these things as wrist tarantulas (but in a good way). Truly a utilitarian tool watch if there was one. Pretty sure some are going to weigh in on the obnoxiousness, crassness and unworthyness of being discussed on WUS but hey, not everybody gets it (or frankly can pull off wearing them). G's are the work-earned muscles of the watch world, as opposed to the pretty, vanity muscle watches that many prefer. I have two larger G's, G7900 and GD-350, they are what they are and they are nearly indestructible. Wear it in good health
    http://veteranswatchmakerinitiative.org/
    Training Combat Disabled Vets to become Watchmakers
    https://www.gofundme.com/VWIBulova

Love those G-Shocks! Look totally bad-ass. And that over-sized hand in the sub-dial, whaaat? Looks great and fun.

G-Shocks look good when I see them in public. Saw big ones on skinny wrists, they looked fun (especially if it's a fun color). Saw big one on a BIG guy once, his look looked both gentlemanly (I think it was his demeanor and shoes), and at the same time, like he could beat up any other guy if he needed to (his size, the way he carried himself, the G-Shock).
    yankeexpress and Brey17 like this.

I’m diggin’ it. Lol...also just wanna give ya’ props for a great write-up. I’m a sucker for a post that gives the finger to “conventional” reviews. I enjoyed it.

Enjoy gettin’ her muddy....and enjoy the watch as well!

Looks just lovely. I’ll let you in on a little secret - if my luck holds out I plan to make that my next G. That’s how much I like the look of it.

If I got a G-shock, it would be one an ana-dig version. Yours is the top of my list. Easy to tell the time at a glance. World Time function. Digital timer, second time zone, date, etc. Lume + light. Indestructible. Solar. Atomic Time. What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by rdoder View Post
    Love those G-Shocks! Look totally bad-ass. And that over-sized hand in the sub-dial, whaaat? Looks great and fun.

G-Shocks look good when I see them in public. Saw big ones on skinny wrists, they looked fun (especially if it's a fun color). Saw big one on a BIG guy once, his look looked both gentlemanly (I think it was his demeanor and shoes), and at the same time, like he could beat up any other guy if he needed to (his size, the way he carried himself, the G-Shock).
    Totally badass. I took it to the gym with me today. Guy came up to me. Thought he was asking me for a spot. He was asking the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroedout View Post
    I’m diggin’ it. Lol...also just wanna give ya’ props for a great write-up. I’m a sucker for a post that gives the finger to “conventional” reviews. I enjoyed it.

Enjoy gettin’ her muddy....and enjoy the watch as well!
    Thanks. The watch wrote the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Looks just lovely. I’ll let you in on a little secret - if my luck holds out I plan to make that my next G. That’s how much I like the look of it.
    Get it!

Quote Originally Posted by MissileExpert View Post
    If I got a G-shock, it would be one an ana-dig version. Yours is the top of my list. Easy to tell the time at a glance. World Time function. Digital timer, second time zone, date, etc. Lume + light. Indestructible. Solar. Atomic Time. What's not to like?
    Nothing!
    rdoder likes this.

I felt the same way about my Rangeman for years. Actually, I have the positive and negative display versions of the watch because I loved the design so much. My gripe was the stock strap though. Casio doesn't make it easy to change straps either.

In some ways, I still feel at a bit of a disadvantage in life when I'm wearing an analog.

Grats on it though!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information