WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

I FOUND A TOP NOTCH REPAIR MAN - WATCH DOCTOR GROVE CITY OHIO- RESTORED MY FAITH IN HUMANITY!!!!

2K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  drummer13 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello folks -

I recently bought a Hamilton Khaki Navy Pioneer (ref # H78465553) from Jomashop. I posted about the experience here:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/new-hamilton-jomashop-2954690.html

After a short time, however, the watch began to lose time. I noticed that the watch would get "stuck" ever so often - the hands weren't moving, the balance wheel wasn't oscillating, etc. A quick and easy flick of the fingernail on the case/ crystal would set things back in motion, but something was clearly not right. After much careful observation, I ascertained that there was no discernible pattern to the problem - it didn't get stuck at the same time of day, or at the same point of the unwinding of the mainspring.

I quit wearing the watch, and I noticed that as it laid flat on my dresser, everything ran just fine. No problems at all whatsoever, and it kept extremely accurate time. This led me to believe that something was a little loose or misaligned or needed lubricated -- nothing major.

I'll make a long story short -- I took it to Jeff, the Watch Doctor of Grove City, Ohio (The Watch Doctor| Watch Repair| Grove City| Columbus| Ohio| Rolex), and now it is working perfectly. He fixed it while I waited in about 30 min, at a price that was a tiny fraction of what I was expecting (and willing) to pay. I'm not a wealthy man, and this Hamilton is the flagship of my meager collection. I am thrilled to have it back to top form. Unreal.

I know a bit about watches, but nevertheless, he still could have taken me on a $300 ride if he were so inclined. Instead, he fixed the very minor problem for a tiny sum and I was on my way. Here I am, 8 hours later, and the watch hasn't lost not one second compared to the atomic clock on time.gov.

I caught myself giggling a couple of times at just how fast and efficient Jeff was at disassembling and re-assembling my watch. He had it in pieces in less than 10 minutes. All the while, we chatted about watches and the watch industry, and I had a very pleasant time. I couldn't be happier. I can't foresee a situation where I would take one of my watches anywhere else.

Thanks Jeff!!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Re: I FOUND A TOP NOTCH REPAIR MAN - RESTORED MY FAITH IN HUMANITY!!!!

Awesome! Can't beat having a reliable watchmaker to count on. Reading the horror stories of botched jobs or the decline of the profession as time goes on makes the really good ones all the more precious to know.

#14 ·
Great to hear, and know. Thanks for following up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.