i got up to $6000.00 USD to spend on a watch. should i get 1 or 2? or like a 100 G Shocks?
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: i got up to $6000.00 USD to spend on a watch. should i get 1 or 2? or like a 100 G Shocks?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

i got up to $6000.00 USD to spend on a watch. should i get 1 or 2? or like a 100 G Shocks?

i really want to get a sport/casual watch, but i dress up for work. what watches do you like that you can wear with a shirt and tie or really casual dress?

i have been looking at Omega Seamasters. i am at a loss. i am heading to some ADs this weekend to shop around.

i am thinking of a $4K and a $2K or $5K and $1K.

please suggest some watches up to $6K. thanks.

Re: i got up to $6000.00 USD to spend on a watch. should i get 1 or 2? or like a 100 G Shocks?

14060m. its essential!
    :)

14060m, 16200, Pam48, AT8500, El Primero 1969, Speedy FOIS, Antea KS, Orion Minimatik, ST8000SA Tourbillon, Zeppelin 7618-1

want: ALS Saxonia, PP Nautilus,

Omega has some great watches at or under that amount, and of course Rolex is the quintessential sports watch. My recommendation is to try on a few watches that interest you (do the research first) and a clear winner will appear. I also recommend avoiding a really bulky ostentatious watch since too much size and flashiness makes a watch less flexible (IMHO).

Take a look at Sinn for some beautiful and tough watches that are a good mix of quality and value as is Stowa and some other pilot style watches. Also, check out the Grand Seiko line for some unbelievably high quality watches that enjoy phenomenal price to quality ratios. There are scads of micro-brand divers that enjoy Rabid fan bases, some expensive, but most under a couple grand and some drop dead gorgeous (post your question in the Dive forum for a ton of suggestions, but make sure you specify your size preference since divers can get pretty big).

The budget you're throwing out there is big enough that you should expect to get a lot for your money. At the upper end expect an in-house movement, a watch case capable of serious abuse and a bracelet that is extremely comfortable.
    Last edited by Will_f; December 2nd, 2011 at 08:46.
    Owner of a bunch of cool watches.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: i got up to $6000.00 USD to spend on a watch. should i get 1 or 2? or like a 100 G Shocks?

All depends on your definition of a casual watch.
    If it is too casual, like having rubber straps, large 46mm++ sizes or too colorful watches, then split your funds into 2
    One for a casual watch, one for a formal/work watch

If for example, you classify the seamaster as casual
    Then go ahead and just get the new, just released, ceramic seamasters
    Get it on a stainless steel bracelet for work
    Then buy an additional rubber strap or leather strap for casual day out

Edit:
    If you are buying 2, maybe you could consider a Quartz for casual wear, as you will be wearing the formal one most of the time
    Last edited by blurrycloud; December 2nd, 2011 at 09:14.

Since your goal is to spend money, and you don't much care about what you spend it on, how about you buy a $50 Casio (you can get a pretty good one for that price), and give the rest to your favorite charity....
    dnsnlsn likes this.
    Mark
    ---------------------------
    Seiko Spring Drive Chronograph SPS003
    Oris TT1 Titan Diver Chronograph 1000M

IWC Portuguese Chronograph 3714-01
    Grand Seiko Spring Drive GMT SBGE001

I would get:

Omega Aqua Terra ($4000-4500)
    Name:  23110392106001.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  96.5 KB

And

Victorinox Infantry Vintage Chronograph ($2000)
    Name:  41opavlvA3L.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  31.8 KB
    Last edited by CogitoErgoSum; December 2nd, 2011 at 09:42.

Banned

Omega has some great watches at or under that amount

Quote Originally Posted by 124Spider View Post
    Since your goal is to spend money, and you don't much care about what you spend it on, how about you buy a $50 Casio (you can get a pretty good one for that price), and give the rest to your favorite charity....
    probably an unhelpful dissertation here for the OP.

I'd certainly look at Omegas given this price range, they really do have some great looking and very versatile watches in their collections, as mentioned above the Aqua Terra is great looking with i think 150m water resistance so very versatile. Seamaster pros are always great too. Ulysse Nardin Maxi marine divers are a personal favourite...but that may be exceeding your budget a bit (i'd love one but i still have a mortgage :( )
    Aphid likes this.
    Baume & Mercier Classima Executives 8875
    Omega Seamaster Chronograph Diver
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer quartz
    Seiko 5 Military
    Seiko 5 circa 1970s
    Baume & Mercier vintage
    Edox Supra vintage circa 1960s

Take your time. Personally, I would take one watch that sings to me over a dozen that don't any day of the week. Choose wisely and remember that quality will trump quantity every time. And if you decide on a watch an have something left over don't buy another in haste just to spend "X" amount. Bank the remainder until you find another watch that sings to you as much as the first one does.
    Last edited by JWM69; December 3rd, 2011 at 02:42.
    timothyday likes this.
    “This is a Roche Vouceau. The thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to THREE atmospheres. It tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad. This is ‘THE’ sports watch of the ’80s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty five dollars retail.”

~Louis Winthorpe III

You can buy a great GS for that or a 8500 Planet Ocean.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information