I hate Kobold

Thread: I hate Kobold

I hate Kobold

I now officially hate Kobold. Because I can't seem to get excited about any other watches now ...

Wife and I went to a good watch shop this afternoon that has a healthy inventory of Rolex, Breitling, Omega, B&M, TAG, & Cartier along with 5-20 each Patek, Panerai, IWC, Chopard, A. Lange & Sohn, and JLC. After spending about half an hour in the shop I couldn't find anything that really begged me to try it on.

Two of the shop employees asked about my watch (Polar Surveyor II Tactical) and both knew quite a bit about Kobold as a company. My wife, who was wearing her Zenith, also managed to get involved in the conversation.

So now I'm back to wanting the SMG-1 Tactical. While I've resisted the idea of having children for almost 10 years of marriage, I might have to rethink that decision. I understand the little rugrats are worth a lot of money on the black market.
    Last edited by ToddG; May 28th, 2007 at 04:24.
    Todd Louis Green

Train hard & stay safe!

Re: I hate Kobold

Gutsy thread title with all the talk going on in here lately you know? lol, just kidding. I am very much hoping that I will feel the same way after getting the SOA and wearing it a bit. I have a feeling that actually seeing a Phantom or Seal in person will be a death sentence to my savings account.

Todd -

I almost skipped this post because I'm so sick of the SOA drama around here. Then I realized it was your thread, so I gave it a try. Hopefully we can all lighten the mood around here.

I agree about the love/hate relationship with several watch companies, especially Kobold. I love their amazing creations, but my wallet (and my wife!) wishes they were half the price. Don't get me wrong -- I definitely think they're worth the price....well, as much as any other watch is, I guess. OK, I'll stop there before I ruin this thread like several of the others about price points.

Scott

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A few pics of my PS-II Tac. This is my first watch without AR coating on the outside and it really shows ... I had a bear of a time getting decent shots without glare or reflection in the crystal. As you can tell from at least one shot.

WARNING WARNING! These images contain watches and weapons. Hoplophobes and those who cannot tell time beware! WARNING WARNING!

Pic #1 ... Full size

Pic #2 ... Full size

Pic #3 ... Full size
    Todd Louis Green

Train hard & stay safe!

Man, you've pretty much got what amounts to being my perfect Polar Surveyour. PVD treatment, Soarway hands, AM/PM dial...

In a perfect world, I'd be able to order the "new and improved" PS with the AM/PM dial and PVD treatment, though it'd probably cost something like $10Gs . In the meantime I'll settle for drooling of shots of yours. Congratulations on your one-of-a-kind Kobold!

Regards,
    Adam

PS - How 'bout a wristshot?

PPS - I know what you mean about hating Kobold. I recently stopped by my AD to try on some watches, and couldn't really get amped up about any of them. I've been debating between the LSD, IWC Ingy and PAM 243 for a while now, which is why I've been anticipating shots of the LSD so badly. And while I will confess to being underwhelmed by the LSD, I'm still seriously considering buying it over the IWC or PAM simply because it says "Kobold" on the dial. Yes, I have a problem.
    Last edited by craniotes; May 28th, 2007 at 04:43.
    DW-002BM-8, DW-003R-9T, DW-5600BB-1ER, DW-5600GLRZ2, DW-5600GRLZM, DW-5700BE, DW-5700SF2, DW-6900-7BUFF, DW-6900MT-7ER, DW-6900CL-4CR, DW-6900KR-8JR, DW-6900FS, DW-6901UD-3ER, DW-8800AB-9T, DW-9100BJ-2A, G-001BE, GA-110DR-1A, GA-111DR-7A, GA-120BB, GD-X6900AL-2, GD-X6900-7TY2, GD-X6900JC, GD-X6900MNM, GD-X6900MH, GDF-100BB, GLX-150-4DR, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000TFG-9, GPR-B1000TLC-1JR, GPW-2000, GST-B100D-1A, GST-200RBG, GT-100, GW-5000-1JF, GW-5530C, GW-9400-1ER, GW-9400-3ER, GW-9430EJ-9JR, GW-9400KJ, GW-9401KJ, GWG-1000, GWM-5600TH-1, GWN-Q1000, GXW-56-3JF, GXW-56-4JF, GXW-56BB-1JF

craniotes -- Thanks for the compliments. :thanks

I'll try to grab a wrist shot tomorrow. I'm still getting used to how small this watch is compared to the 45mm Omega Planet Ocean I've been wearing for the past year and a half.

As I've said, all else being equal I would have preferred the SMG-1 Tactical but the deal I got on this watch just made the cost of the SMG-1 Tactical prohibitive. But I'm certainly not complaining!

Stay safe ...
    Last edited by ToddG; May 28th, 2007 at 06:37. Reason: because I should know the difference between "complement" and "compliment" doh
    Todd Louis Green

Train hard & stay safe!

That is a cracking watch. How small is it that you say it is dwarfed by the Planet Ocean? Does you watch not sport about a 44-mm diameter?
    Question your desires,
    Know of your youth,
    examine well your blood . . . .

William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream, 1, 1, 67

Quote Originally Posted by Sgian Dubh View Post
    That is a cracking watch. How small is it that you say it is dwarfed by the Planet Ocean? Does you watch not sport about a 44-mm diameter?
    It's 41mm. The difference is very noticeable.
    Todd Louis Green

Train hard & stay safe!

Thread Information