I hate the watch culture sometimes
Like Tree337Likes

Thread: I hate the watch culture sometimes

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

I hate the watch culture at times, mainly when it involves the younger generation.
    I absolutely enjoy marveling at pieces from my fellow WUS peers from Sinns to Pateks and everything in between (except Swatch. I hate Swatch for some bad experiences) but thats just it, I enjoy it for the watches.
    These days, it just feels as though most posts of an expensive watch has the OP interject some comment subtly about how much money they have or how young they are and has this amazing piece.
    This anger is probably mainly directed at the subreddit "watches" (WUS is surprisingly pretty void of income talk).
    If a expensive piece is posted then it ends up being a type of thread where one person might say "I clear 6 figures and I'm only 20!!!" and then another person might write "I'm a surgeon that has crazy amount" or "I work on wall street and have a high rise." I think there was even a post where a user commented that he wouldn't get a certain watch "even though he's 28 and clears 240K annually." The deviation from the main topic is just mind blowing. Why do people insist on dropping these personal tidbits of income and worth?
    What happened to enjoying watches for how they look, the appreciation of the heritage? Everything at least over there is so "I have so much money, look at me." I'm just sad that people are more likely to say hey that guy has so much money than "that is a gorgeous piece."
    Last edited by soaking.fused; February 6th, 2018 at 21:43. Reason: Rule 2; Foul language

Re: I hate the watch culture sometimes

You need to hang out in the affordables forum more
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

People love to boast (and by boast I mean lie) and especially so on the internet where there is little to no recourse to prove falsehoods. Its far more prevalent on forums such as Reddit. its been my experience that people with such means seldom brag about it.

The more you know/have the more realize that you really don't know/have much. Bragging has always been the tool that those with low self-confidence use to compensate.
    Last edited by Jade330i; February 6th, 2018 at 21:25.
    "The nice thing about being a pessimist is that either you are always being proven right or you are pleasantly surprised!" George F. Will

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like to self deprecate about how cheap I am and how little money I have.
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

I don't know what you are talking about. And I'm 6'4" , weight 230 lbs., and only wear 44 mm and above watches on my 8" wrist..

Oh no, WUS is differently different. I was referring to the subreddit "watches" on reddit.
    WUS, I find myself going into brands like Panerai, Hublot, Hamilton, watches that I probably will never get (due to design cues) but still enjoy reading peoples posts and looking at photos. I don't come across many boasting posts on WUS.
    Last edited by soaking.fused; February 6th, 2018 at 21:50. Reason: Foul language

I was reading this post on the way home after picking up my new Patek moon complication made for 100k gold with diamond encrusted strap. I was so fascinated by the post that I very nearly crashed my Ferrari in to my new Bugatti as I turned in to my marble floored garage.

Admittedly I was in a rush as I'm only 12 and I have to be in bed by 8 o'clock on a school night.

Here's my "collection"..................... I'm poor and can't afford better. Ain't gonna lie to ya brother!
    Attachment 12872393
    MIKE

Quote Originally Posted by theturtlebanker View Post
    If a expensive piece is posted then it ends up being a type of thread where one person might say "I clear 6 figures and I'm only 20!!!" and then another person might write "I'm a surgeon that has crazy amount" or "I work on wall street and have a high rise." I think there was even a post where a user commented that he wouldn't get a certain watch "even though he's 28 and clears 240K annually." The deviation from the main topic is just mind blowing. Why do people insist on dropping these personal tidbits of income and worth?
    I cleared six figures when I was 20; including the ones behind the decimal point
    Last edited by soaking.fused; February 6th, 2018 at 21:54. Reason: Foul language
    Brother of OoO

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar_917 View Post
    I cleared six figures when I was 20; including the ones behind the decimal point
    This was a hard one, example 6 figures 100,000.00 if gunnar_917 cleared the amount behind the decimal point that means he cleared 10,000,000

YOU WELCOME.
    Gunnar_917 and Synequano like this.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information