I'm new around here and created an account especially for this
I've been looking at purchasing my first proper watch in the next couple of weeks and have been looking at Longines watches, in particular either the L2.7184.108.40.206 or the L2.7220.127.116.11 Heritage Column-Wheel and need a few questions answered from experienced watch enthusiasts :)
- I've been intending to purchase one of these from Jomashop as when asking for a quote from my local Longines boutique, I've been told that both watches have been marked as phase-outs and I would need to order them from Switzerland (I live in Australia) for around A$3,825 (~$2880 USD), much more $ than Joma. I've been reading up on some of the risks involved with ordering from grey market dealers but I'd like some final confirmation
- Will I be getting an authentic watch?
- What is their warranty like?
- How likely is it that I'll need to use their warranty?
- My next question(s) has to do with the sizing of the two watches. The L2.750 being 41mm x 14.4mm and the L2.742 being 39mm x 14.4mm. Both 39 and the 41mm diameters fit nicely on my 6.3" ish boney wrist, 39mm fitting best (and Joma doesn't have the 41mm in stock at the moment). However, the 14.4mm thickness frightens me and I'm wondering whether there is an ideal ratio between diameter and thickness that makes the watch look more natural / proportional. I intend to wear the watch for the next few years in every day so needs to fit under shirt cuffs etc.
- Is there an ideal ratio between diameter and thickness? (Will 39mm x 14.4mm look strange?)
- How does ~14mm go with shirt cuffs (buttoned and french)
- Being decently young, fit and healthy, should I go for the L2.750 for longevity incase I gain weight in the distant future or will 39mm do me just fine?
I also intend on trying on watches that have the same or similar dimensions before buying, of course, but I'd like some advice upfront.
Does anyone own either of these and like to show some pictures?
Sorry for all of the questions and the blocks of text, but I've been doing a heap of research before making the purchase and I need final questions answered to put my mind at ease.
Thanks a lot!!